X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension upgrade advice

Hi all,

Am hopefully getting into merv ownership next week,have a deposit on a silver lightning 08, and am looking for upgrade advice i will have a budget of around 1000,do you suggest suspension upgrades and remap or just throw the lot at the engine,opinions much appreciated,
    cheers Rob
    Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

it all depends mate there are options for coilovers by kw and some lowering springs on ebay for around £150

with a 1k theres alot you could do to improve the power stage 1 map is around £500 air filter is around £30 plugs around the same mainly from courtney but there are other tuners depends where you are

imo more power
    sigpic

Comment

by the way the coilovers are £795 for kw v1 and more for v2
      sigpic

Comment

Cheers billy, i think mainly im thinking is the standard set up ok suspension wise and power hikes are fine with it or is it best to do a bit of both for a more complete package?

Comment

yes mate the standard shocks and springs are more than fine the aint designed to be a hot hatch but the do hold the corners very well considering the height of them

as for power the suspension will be fine to handle power upgrades like i said mate they aint designed to go round corners like the corsa but handle supisingly well
          sigpic

Comment

looks like a stage 1 then, as you say courtenay is who i will use, trek from manchester but i know they have been around since i had my astra gte valve......erm 17 years ago.cheers for advice billy

Comment

mpg is in cheshire mate would have thought they would have been closer
              sigpic

Comment

just in case you dont know about mpg

http://www.midpointgarage.co.uk/

sigpic

Comment

A lad at work uses mpg,think its a pal of his so will have a word with him about them,seems a clued up place though.

Comment

oh thats good then mate
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X