Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

forge wont build me a IC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • forge wont build me a IC

    as titled they say im the 1st person to request this from them and they are very busy and cant do one at pressent and to try ask again in november if they are less busy
    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

  • #2
    Dont worry mate they,replied to my email about a recirc valve for the merv sayin its the same engine as the astra vxr so that will fit
    Ex owner of various VXR's

    Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

    Comment


    • #3
      They won't make one for the 1.9cdti either mate, they say there is not enough demand although we had a list of over 90 people wanting one

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Lawro View Post
        They won't make one for the 1.9cdti either mate, they say there is not enough demand although we had a list of over 90 people wanting one
        Quite suprised at this!! We must be too cool already

        Comment


        • #5
          does the vxr not share the intercooler from a cdti? Does the merv have the same engine as the Corsa? If so, does the Astra dv valve not fit the corsa? aka merv?

          As for waiting, when they used my car to make the Astra Cooler and other bits and bobs it took months to get booked in, they are very busy and only have one ramp to do work on. It takes about a week to two weeks to make a cooler kit from scratch. Just call them back later in the year, it would be worth the wait.
          Last edited by Rob1981; 2 August 2010, 01:11 PM.
          VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
          http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

          Comment


          • #6
            I had the same problem with piper, I wanted them to make me an exhaust but they refused due to the limited numbers they would sell,
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rob1981 View Post
              does the vxr not share the intercooler from a cdti? Does the merv have the same engine as the Corsa? If so, does the Astra dv valve not fit the corsa? ak merv?

              As for waiting, when they used my car to make the Astra Cooler and other bits and bobs it took months to get booked in, they are very busy and only have one ramp to do work on. It takes about a week to two weeks to make a cooler kit from scratch. Just call them back later in the year, it would be worth the wait.
              Its a similar set up to the VXR but the intake is slightly different so it won't fit. The main tuners offer them anyway but they are so expensive.. Regal's is the cheapest at £750 with hardpipes, Courtenay's one is £750 without hardpipes (£875 with them) and the TMS one is £900

              I am sure Forge could do one for cheaper and would more than likely be better quality too.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                Its a similar set up to the VXR but the intake is slightly different so it won't fit. The main tuners offer them anyway but they are so expensive.. Regal's is the cheapest at £750 with hardpipes, Courtenay's one is £750 without hardpipes (£875 with them) and the TMS one is £900

                I am sure Forge could do one for cheaper and would more than likely be better quality too.
                could you not buy the vxr 'core' from Forge then just make your own pipe work up?
                VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rob1981 View Post
                  could you not buy the vxr 'core' from Forge then just make your own pipe work up?
                  Yeh quite possibly. I have the Regal one now anyway i'm not really bothered but just thought it would have been a nice little earner for them really as there seems to be a lot of interest.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There online just now
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      if you want a cooler making might i sugest this company they are very well known for high quaility products and i can personaly vouch for there work and help in making a custom cooler

                      http://www.radtec.co.uk/

                      you will be hard pushed to find better than these guys

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by billysaph View Post
                        if you want a cooler making might i sugest this company they are very well known for high quaility products and i can personaly vouch for there work and help in making a custom cooler

                        http://www.radtec.co.uk/

                        you will be hard pushed to find better than these guys

                        what price we talking with all hoses ?

                        cheers, my plans fell threw before as they said it would take 12 weeks to make "god knows why"
                        VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Have you actually rang Regal to see if Blizzard will make one for you?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            id give them a ring mate there work is wicked and not bad on price from what i remember worth a try mate
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              let me know how you get on i really wanna do the exhaust and a front mount with hard pipe on mine.

                              Blizzard might work for the front mount, maybe even a corsa 1 just with different pipework

                              Stu

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X