X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooler update

i saw craigyvxr last night in his corsa vxr "very nice car"

anyway we had a look at his ic and mine ...

massive difference

our exit pipes are totaly different location
    we have a huge fan that makes it impossible to use teh corsa ic anyway

now the main problem..

our meriva vxrs have the sensors on the out side where as all other vxrs have them inside the pipe work

gona be awkward for us guys
    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
    i saw craigyvxr last night in his corsa vxr "very nice car"

anyway we had a look at his ic and mine ...

massive difference

our exit pipes are totaly different location
    we have a huge fan that makes it impossible to use teh corsa ic anyway

now the main problem..

our meriva vxrs have the sensors on the out side where as all other vxrs have them inside the pipe work

gona be awkward for us guys
    sounds like u need to head down the do it yourself route that or maybe talk to tx autosport they might be interested in getting the market for these

Comment

Originally posted by napa1985 View Post
      sounds like u need to head down the do it yourself route that or maybe talk to tx autosport they might be interested in getting the market for these
      billy is trying with rad teck but if we fail its worth a try cheers

Comment

well the sensors have to be the same so all that is mate is use the corsa pipes so then they are inside but let me go to radtec and see what they say mate before you rite it off im confident that they will be able to do sumat
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by billysaph View Post
          well the sensors have to be the same so all that is mate is use the corsa pipes so then they are inside but let me go to radtec and see what they say mate before you rite it off im confident that they will be able to do sumat
          im sure some one will mate just think its gona be a tricky one for some one

Comment

steve at radtec likes a challenge mate would be good if i could go and say if you can get this sorted there will be an order for say 4 or 5 of them might be an insentive for them and a little cheeper for us all
            sigpic

Comment

steve at radtec likes a challenge mate would be good if i could go and say if you can get this sorted there will be an order for say 4 or 5 of them might be an insentive for them and a little cheeper for us all
              starts a thread and ask a mod to sticky it for a group buy...

you know my name can go down,

i can only do stickys in yorkshire section or i would do it

Comment

i will do one in the merv section once i have sumat from radtec ok mate
                sigpic

Comment

i will do one in the merv section once i have sumat from radtec ok mate
                  no prob mate just though well i was with craig in his corsa was worth having a look

Comment

rite ive just spoke to a guy a radtec luckily he remembers me from my ford days he said bring it over he will take some measurements and get sumat sorted and he said he will do a group buy no problems
                    sigpic

Comment

rite ive just spoke to a guy a radtec luckily he remembers me from my ford days he said bring it over he will take some measurements and get sumat sorted and he said he will do a group buy no problems
                      great stuff mate and just wana say realy apreciate it as i know ic wasnt top ur list at the min

Comment

will you get any gains from an upgraded intercooler if you have only got your precat removed and apanel filter,excuse my ignorance on this guys
                        Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by robinho View Post
                          will you get any gains from an upgraded intercooler if you have only got your precat removed and apanel filter,excuse my ignorance on this guys
                          you will mate definutly... did you get the pre cat done then mate?

best off getting ic fitted then to curts for a re map when you can afford it ..

i would say 210-215bhp with pre car filter and ic... with a re map aswell anything up t 240 bhp maby more

mine alone with just pre cat made 202.2bhp and 240 torque last week

and a guys standard with just filter made 192 and 220 torque

Comment

Not yet kirky,am going to mpg next week when im off work for the pre cat removal and an itg panel,doing the pre cat for 150,happy with that,itg filters are a bit dear though,lol. I am interested in this intercooler plan but as ever cost would be an issue. i am on net all day at work lookin at different ideas(like now)and reckon i need about £20k up to now
                            Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

what about using the corsa rad and fan?
                              Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Working...
                              X