This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight missing or weird boost

Hi guys, I am the new proud owner of a thorney remapped merv. Few questions on the little beast. Had prob when I first got it. Picked it up from cristchurch and drove the 350 miles back to it's new home with no probs. Then the day after the eml light (car with spanner) came on. Fixed that, the vacuum hose had come off some plastic box at back of engine. It kept blowing off there when I booted it. It seems to have stated on now for about 1000 miles but I do notice that sometimes when I drive it up the revs it seems to boost hard and then you can feel it drop off them on again. Any ideas guys. Boost control valve ????
    Cheers.....greg

the merivas have overboost which ups the boost for a short time when you floor it BUT it takes time to reset so you wont have it for the next gear but i would have thought a remaped meriva would run all the time with overboost and not have a reset time???
    FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
    182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
    "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

Comment

Welcome along mate hope your enjoying the merv make sure you get some picvs ov the moto up mate and hope you will be a regular contributer to this site and the meriva section god knows we need the merv owners your one of a select 256 owners
      sigpic

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. I do feel Speshal being one of the few owners of a blue one too. I know about the overboost function and agree with ya about the mapping getting rid of that but its more like when it gets to full boost at about 3.5 k revs sometimes something feels like its limiting it from staying there. Weird. Ill check plugs etc soon. Just fitted ITG panel filter and that seems to have made it slightly better.
        Also Wanted to ask to if there are any silicone boost and inlet hoses available as it seems to partially squash the inlet pipe on full throttle.

Comment

hi there
          could any one tell me how i go about getting the vxr online.co.uk stickers please
          best regards

Comment

maybe worth getting on rollers see how the power is holding wth the map

nothing against ur car mate but thorney wont tune the mervs ... tbh they are usless with mervs the made mistakes on 1 or 2 mervs in past so wont tune any more so maby worth a re map with say courtney or some one like them
            VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

Originally posted by Gb170 View Post
              Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. I do feel Speshal being one of the few owners of a blue one too. I know about the overboost function and agree with ya about the mapping getting rid of that but its more like when it gets to full boost at about 3.5 k revs sometimes something feels like its limiting it from staying there. Weird. Ill check plugs etc soon. Just fitted ITG panel filter and that seems to have made it slightly better.
              Also Wanted to ask to if there are any silicone boost and inlet hoses available as it seems to partially squash the inlet pipe on full throttle.
              defanately not rite then is it might be worth gettin it checked out or try doin the pedal test to see if it throws a code up

as for hoses mate there aint alot for the mervs unfortunatly so its custom made stuff mainly
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fry01egg View Post
                hi there
                could any one tell me how i go about getting the vxr online.co.uk stickers please
                best regards
                read the 1st post and all will become clear

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1308
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X