This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with tuning

This is my first time on here and am a relative VXR virgin was looking for dare i say a diesel Zafira but found my 07 Meriva VXR and one test drive later was in love
    so hi fellow meriva boys i need help my mate in his scooby keeps going on that he beat me but boy was it close. he runs 245 bhp and my meriva is still in standard 188 bhp and just bout did him can you help me to find out how and where to get more from my little family car ( his words ) cant let him brag much more so c'mon help !!!!
    Last edited by matto72; 3 June 2011, 12:43 AM.

take it to either regal or courtenay,spend £3k and he will be yours LOL

Comment

racing stripes?

Comment

Get your name on the merv register and some pics of merv on

Stuart

Comment

hi welcome to the forum and our little merv section theres plenty can be done as said mate courts regal or mpg depends how much you wana spend really
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meriva View Post
            Get your name on the merv register and some pics of merv on

Stuart
            Now that will get him some serious ponys....

lol

yeah man, best bet, courtney... wonga....pow, boom.

thats exactly how it will go

Comment

welcome buddy,mervs are 178 bhp standard though not 188. any way you need these fella as this is the usual route taken

pre cat replacement pipe
              forge recirc valve
              coolrunning thermostat
              panel filter
              stage 1 remap

you should then see between 215 and 220 bhp as a rule some more some less depends on your car

then...

full turbo back exhaust with sport cat
              stage 2 remap

this will give you upwards of 230 bhp ideally
              also make sure to add lowering springs to stiffen it up and a rear anti roll bar which will be available shortly for the merv.

then onwards and upwards....

a bespoke intercooler and a stage 3 remap may see you touching 250bhp but i would suspect that uprated injectors and afm would be required to get there and beyond this you need to start thinking of uprated internals and bigger turbos ,new manifolds etc to get around 300 bhp,worlds your oyster but it aint easy on a merv after stage 1 ,trust me im at stage 2 when the map goes on mine and its been a ballache getting it sorted !!!!!
              Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by matto72 View Post
                This is my first time on here and am a relative VXR virgin was looking for dare i say a diesel Zafira but found my 07 Meriva VXR and one test drive later was in love
                so hi fellow meriva boys i need help my mate in his scooby keeps going on that he beat me but boy was it close. he runs 245 bhp and my meriva is still in standard 188 bhp and just bout did him can you help me to find out how and where to get more from my little family car ( his words ) cant let him brag much more so c'mon help !!!!
                on another point mate, as you state you almost did him...........................did he forget to change gear

Comment

Originally posted by Novus View Post
                  welcome buddy,mervs are 178 bhp standard though not 188. any way you need these fella as this is the usual route taken

pre cat replacement pipe
                  forge recirc valve
                  coolrunning thermostat
                  panel filter
                  stage 1 remap

you should then see between 215 and 220 bhp as a rule some more some less depends on your car

then...

full turbo back exhaust with sport cat
                  stage 2 remap

this will give you upwards of 230 bhp ideally
                  also make sure to add lowering springs to stiffen it up and a rear anti roll bar which will be available shortly for the merv.

then onwards and upwards....

a bespoke intercooler and a stage 3 remap may see you touching 250bhp but i would suspect that uprated injectors and afm would be required to get there and beyond this you need to start thinking of uprated internals and bigger turbos ,new manifolds etc to get around 300 bhp,worlds your oyster but it aint easy on a merv after stage 1 ,trust me im at stage 2 when the map goes on mine and its been a ballache getting it sorted !!!!!
                  check you out
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by billysaph View Post
                    check you out
                    i had some time on my hands,pmsl

Comment

i can see
                      sigpic

Comment