This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What price to pay?

I am new to the forum and need a little bit of advice, just had a test drive in a Meriva VXR and loved it!
    Although I live in Leeds we had to go to Rochdale for the test drive as none of the dealers in Leeds had a VXR available. After the test drive the salesman was a little too keen on selling us a car there and then, I explained that it would be well into the new year before we could place an order. I asked him what his best price would be for a straight cash sale and no trade-in, he was very vague and seemed to want me to suggest a price which I was not very comfortable with. There are a few Vauxhall dealers in my area so I would be grateful if someone could give me a rough figure I could aim for as I do intend buying one early in the new year.
    As I said it would be a cash sale with no trade-in.

I got a deal for my Mervia with silver paint at an extremely big discount, beating the partners deal at the time. You have to be so careful. The dealer I bought it from said no other dealer could offer the price and it was exclusive to them. However I have since found out that this was not true.

The dealer in question asked for feed back from me and I informed them I would not be doing business with them again for not really being up front. Fortunately my local dealer, who I had bought a car from earlier understood so no relationship damage done.

Beware.

If you want to know more pm me, I'll give you my number and I can discuss further.

Comment

There are a few Vauxhall dealers on here,have a search and i am sure they will be able to help
      2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Hi Tony,

I bought my Meriva VXR from Nidd Vale at Wetherby nr Leeds, drop me a pm and i'll pass some info on to you. I paid well under the list price. To be honest the best deals on the Meriva are going to be the used ones, there are massive savings to be had over a new one.

The list price is £16,500 ish and the last time I looked some ex demo's were going for around £12,000 ish.

HTH,

PJ

Comment

I got brand new one for £13487.00

Comment

i'm looking 4 one at the moment and there are several ex-demos available for about 12k, cheapest new I've found is 13.5k

Comment

Originally posted by gwentvillan
              i'm looking 4 one at the moment and there are several ex-demos available for about 12k, cheapest new I've found is 13.5k
              That's probably my old one at Burnham Garage, Slough. Red with roof mount DVD?

Comment

Supply and demand, dealers (and their sales people) are rewarded for their sales figures on a monthly and quarterly basis so asking for a price sometime in the future is never going to get you a bargain deal. Towards the end of a month or ideally a quarter is the best time as the dealer in question maybe very close to a target sales number that will pay them a fat rebate on all the cars they've sold. Absolutley best time to buy a car is December, end of the year (and likely the financial year for the dealer) and a crap time for car sales generally as everyone is spending money like water for Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                X