This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of selling

Only had the meriva since feb but thinking of changing it...

Thinking of either a) vectra vxr or b) zafira vxr or c) something totally different...

Just can't get away from the fact i want a fast car that is also suitable for family life - is it me or does vaux seem the only people making cars that do this?

Scary thing is going to be how much it's depreciated in only 9 months!

You will really enjoy the Zafira, I've had mine about 9months and also changing it now. It's a realy good all round car but I think I got a bad one as it's been in Vauxhall more times than it really should have. Good luck with what ever one you go for
    sigpic

Comment

either vxr will be 10x better, you've had the worse vxr so it just gets better

Comment

the Meriva falls into that category of pointless car. It is just a tall small car. you can fot hardly any more stuff in it that a Corsa and an Astra probably gets as much in as a Merv. If you change to a Bus then you will have a huge space to play with. Personally when we have 1 adult and 4 kids inc 2 babies the Astra is almost always big enough. Need the bus when we have the full crew though
        sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
        Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

I would say them all and see which one floats your boat.
          sigpic

www.courtenaysport.co.uk
          for all your tuning needs.....
          01692 404313.

Comment

I have had both, and would reccomed the Zafira over the vec, but many Vec owners are happy as well, all down to personal taste, for me the Zaf wins hands down, if tis a family car you are looking for the Zaf ticks all the boxes , and you will jst spend 1/3 of you time on the forecourt, as opposed to 1/2 with the vec *lol*

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
              either vxr will be 10x better, you've had the worse vxr so it just gets better
              Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
              the Meriva falls into that category of pointless car. It is just a tall small car. you can fot hardly any more stuff in it that a Corsa and an Astra probably gets as much in as a Merv. If you change to a Bus then you will have a huge space to play with. Personally when we have 1 adult and 4 kids inc 2 babies the Astra is almost always big enough. Need the bus when we have the full crew though
              now thats not very nice is it
              FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
              182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
              "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

Comment

originally when going from the clio we wanted the astra vxr - personally love the look of this car! However boot space was awful and you couldn't turn the front passenger airbag off so didn't fancy the squeeze of the child seat in the rear, must admit not seen a corsa but i only imagine this to be smaller...

The meriva is pleasantly good - must admit can understand the negative comments but once you actually drive one they are fun and space wise it is great with the completely flat folding seats you have massive amounts of room way more than any hatch could provide!

Anyone any idea of a realistic trade & private sale price for the meriva - 06 plate 9700 miles - network q and vaux warranty til march i think - full leather - sat nav - afl (gets ready to cry and prices quoted!)

Comment

It`s a nice specced Meriva, You should try to sell privately first as it may interest a few peole with the extras fitted ... (Then pick up a bargain Zaff !! )

Comment

Think before you buy!!!

any other VXR double insurance
                    double tax
                    More to buy
                    Less room (unless Zafira)

Is it worth all that more money to have a SO CALLED "repitable" VXR
                    I THINK NOT
                    Corsa d Sri

Comment

your looking at 9K if your lucky part x
                      FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
                      182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
                      "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

Comment

I would say closer to 6.5k for it trade tbh .. You can buy an 07 on autotrader for 8.5k ..

Comment

Books at 7.5k Thats what i've been offered
                          Corsa d Sri

Comment

Originally posted by wozzas-o-t View Post
                            Think before you buy!!!

any other VXR double insurance
                            double tax
                            More to buy
                            Less room (unless Zafira)

Is it worth all that more money to have a SO CALLED "repitable" VXR
                            I THINK NOT
                            Worth every penny
                            Jokin, just depends what you want and need........each to their own

Ive never been in a Meriva, i love my little corsa tho

Comment

Originally posted by wozzas-o-t View Post
                              Books at 7.5k Thats what i've been offered
                              It is all dependant on what you are buying as well though, you might get offered 9k for it, on a car which is 2.5 overpriced ? Cost to change is the real cost when trading in, not what you are offered .

Comment

Working...
                              X