This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting EDS Phase-1

I am tired of waiting for EDS to get the IPF ready for the Meriva, and I don't want to take the 2 x 650 km trip to Germany ... So when I discovered that they have christmas offer on 399 EUR for phase 1 (100 EUR discount) I decided to send the ECU to them instead.

Should give some 225 hp and 300 nm with stock pre-cat... hope for some more now that I have de-cat'ed it .
    I have seen a dyno chart from a stock Meriva OPC mapped at EDS with 226 hp and whopping 400 nm.

I am sending it in week 47 and there is 3 days shipping each way, so the ECU should arrive week 48.

Gonna be the best christmas gift from myself to myself EVER!
    sigpic

Wow mate!That is a cracking christmas gift for yourself.Please let me know what it feels like driving as i have been wanting to get a remap but was not too sure about it.I am afraid of what could go wrong.Also be careful.There is a guy on you tube with an eds remap on his Merv and i spoke to him about it and said that it killed his car.Got to get new engine twice turbo etc..

Comment

Yikes! Do you have any contact info on him... sure would like to chat with him.
      Is it "MerivaOPCphase1" from France?
      Last edited by Carzzzer; 28 November 2008, 01:15 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

No!It is a german guy on you tube His name is OPC180

Comment

Here is a quick quote of what he had said `` Re: Seen your video Re: Seen your video
          I don't recommend it, i had some serious mechanic problems , even though, i don't know it's related or not.

It's not really enjoyable to drive , i am going to get it removed and have something else, or get it back to original state.

For sure, sometimes it's really cool, but most of the time, the car isn't really enjoyable, and you get some weird noises..

Dunno if they mucked up when they upgraded mine, but it's really not what i expected.

EDS company on the other hand, is really good, good people etc.. but too far from me.. i went there once, and i can't go there one more time to get it fixed.

Cheers.

Original Message:

> Hi!I have seen your video with the eds phase 1 chip tuning.I would just like to ask you about the ch...

Comment

and then the follow up by him again
            ``follow up, i ended up breaking two engine , thanks to EDS remap.

i hope you did not do it.. if you do, make sure you don't loose your pipes, or your gonna kill your engine

Comment

OMG, the horror stories!
              So he blew off the intercooler pipes and wrecked the engine... but how can he break 2 engines?
              sigpic

Comment

dunno mate!I wasn`t intending to scare him.

Comment

Got back from the Devoxx conference in Belgium yesterday, and fitted the ECU this morning... haven't really had a chance to push it, due to wet roads and temperatures close to 0 degrees celcius, but it sure feels more angry and powerful
                  Boost gauge shows 1.5 - 1.6 bar (vs. max 1.3 before).
                  Funny thing though (well, nice actually), at low rpm and easy driving there is no difference at all. Hope this helps keep the fuel consumption down...
                  There are some points, I believe it's when pushing it from 2k - 3k rpm and up to 6k rpm in same gear, where it feels like it can't transfer all the power to the road... but ESP isn't blinking...!?
                  sigpic

Comment

Did you hear any strange noises yet?Is everything seems to be working alright?Let me know how your fuel consumption changes.R you getting octane 99 fuel?Enjoy the ride mate.Well proud of you.

Comment

Originally posted by thomacski View Post
                      Did you hear any strange noises yet?Is everything seems to be working alright?Let me know how your fuel consumption changes.R you getting octane 99 fuel?Enjoy the ride mate.Well proud of you.
                      As I wrote, I am taking it easy in the beginning to learn how the power delivery is... and not to blow off some pipe from day one.
                      I've been recommended these stainless bands, in the case the existing can't hold the pipes in place (would never glue them as some of the Corsa guys do):

No noises yet, beside some additional pops and bangs
                      I am only running Q8 octane 98 og Shell V-Power 99 octane.

Hope to get it dyno'd before xmas.
                      Last edited by Carzzzer; 13 December 2008, 07:47 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

good stuff mate.Yeah i was gonna say to keep an eye out for the pipes make sure they don`t pop off.Keep us posted about how you get on with the new map.Hope everything will be fine for you.

Comment

There's plenty of tourque steer, I can tell you... and overtaking on country roads from 80 km/h is nuts!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carzzzer View Post
                            I've been recommended these stainless bands, in the case the existing can't hold the pipes in place (would never glue them as some of the Corsa guys do):

I think you will find the only pipes that may be glued/cable tie'd are the tiny ones behind the engine past the alternator. That clamp wouldnt do anything for them. They are only a couple of mm dia...
                            Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                            sigpic

Comment

Cool, thanks for clearing that up... didn't make that much sense otherwise
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X