This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR + Snow = Bad times

it took me 1 1/2 hours to get 2 miles this morning so i turned around and went home then had to go to the office this afternoon to pick up the on call phone luckly it ad cleared up abit then on my way back the snow started again and as i got closer to my house the snow was covereing the road i made it to the bottom of my hill took a run at it but as soon as i hit the hill the TC started going mad managed to get 3/4 of the way up then got stuck in the snow but a just as i stopped a council truck was trying to get up he got along side me then started slideing side ways towards me GRRRRRRRRR lucky he moved away but then it got worse a stone wagon started coming down the hill he just made it past me as i clenched my **** up tighter than a snare drum so as soon as it was clear i did a bit of stunt slideing and manged to get it on a side road but ive had to park it around the corner from my house not happy and im supposed to be in work at 7.30am 7 miles away just been out again and there is an inch of snow and then sheet ice cant see me makeing it to work
    FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
    182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
    "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

mate your lucky if you cant get to work mate dont go it aint worth the risk fella
    Arden Racing Edition

Comment

same happened to me last year in my Zafira. I took 3 runs at a hill and could not make it up as each time someone came over the top sideways so I had to stop and watch as they dropped into a gully at the side of the road Then I could not pull off. I had to slowly go all the way to the bottom of the hill in reverse with loads of sliding and eventually on the 4th run I dropped the tyre pressures to 15psi and I made it up with a stop as well. Good job the cars come with a tyre inflator these days
      sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
      Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

well got up at 6am to an inch of snow and sheet ice so phoned one off the bosses and explained i wasnt going any where ect his reply was could you not get a taxi then a bus back home with your client ???????? he understood when i said unless the taxi service is useing a pack of dogs and a sled they aint getting any where near my house and i sent him a picture to confirm this for him so he went in the end to pick him up at 9am i spotted a grit wagon doing my road so gave it 30mins then walked down to the car still slippy as hel but got to work and picked him up finish with him at 4pm but im out again tonite 7.30-10.30pm and from what the weather reports are saying where going to get another 15cm tonite
        Last edited by simon fletcher; 3 December 2008, 02:47 PM.
        FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED

Comment

id cancel working tonight chuck, as you run the risk of getting snowed in with your client and not getting home Not a good option Im feeling a bit better and was contemplaiting going on cod later

Comment

you better be on "i kill you" ive told my mum, my mate, and pam to ring me at the first sign of snow and im off home finished or not i aint leaveing my car again cant see me working at all tomorrow my road is still coverd in snow now and add 15cm to that = day off lol

Comment

ill ring you at half 8 mate, snow or no snow

Comment

sounds good to me i will see if i can get these pics uploaded

Comment

Sissy Si

Must just be the Mervs, I've got no trouble getting through the snow just up the road from you
                  sigpic

Comment

why is it bradford gets such a hammering when it snows but in leeds it seems to melt as quick as it falls , i`ve seen weather forcast and we`re all getting it through the night into the morning but you guys from bradford know what i mean , i`ve left my house before whens suns shinning , not a cloud in sky , not a drop of snow but when i get to bradford it`s total chaos , a couple of years ago i had to leave my car at uncles house and use his 4x4 to get home , lucky he had a 4x4 otherwise i`de off been stuck

Comment

yesterday morning at home 7.30am

sat on the end of my road on this steep hill for 45 mins in this

got stuck on here last night

and this morning and it hasnt melted at all even after they gritted my road just about to set off out hopeing to be back home before the snow hits again

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                        why is it bradford gets such a hammering when it snows but in leeds it seems to melt as quick as it falls , i`ve seen weather forcast and we`re all getting it through the night into the morning but you guys from bradford know what i mean , i`ve left my house before whens suns shinning , not a cloud in sky , not a drop of snow but when i get to bradford it`s total chaos , a couple of years ago i had to leave my car at uncles house and use his 4x4 to get home , lucky he had a 4x4 otherwise i`de off been stuck
                        tell me about it mate thats why i sent photos to my boss although it was realy icey in the centre of bradford there was no snow but 5 miles up the road in thornton min 1 inch still there now

Comment

Originally posted by simon fletcher View Post
                          tell me about it mate thats why i sent photos to my boss although it was realy icey in the centre of bradford there was no snow but 5 miles up the road in thornton min 1 inch still there now
                          owt planned for tomorrow cause it looks like we`re all getting it ,

Comment

i hope the snow stays away, i want the kids in school!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            they had tuesday off! even built a snowman with them, or should i say nig did pmsl if you want ill post pics, it even has a vxr cap on he he he

Comment

here we go here is niges iccle snowman

Comment

Working...
                              X