This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre cat = overboast

can anyone please help me as i have read a thread on the corsa section saying that if a pre-cat replacment pipe is fitted it can cause the turbo the boost too high!! i have a cat back system already should i get this checked out or am i worrying over nothing. thanks in advance

those meriva's could do with a bit more boost !

Comment

lol true

Comment

lol what he said ^^^^

Comment

Comment

I'm not having any problems... I have heard about it on an older Opel engine, but I think it was under more extreme dimension pipes etc.
            And I have boost gauge installed, by the way... it peaks at 1.3 bar as before.
            Last edited by Carzzzer; 5 December 2008, 06:30 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

mine over boosts to 21psi and thats std
              FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
              182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
              "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

Comment

Originally posted by simon fletcher View Post
                mine over boosts to 21psi and thats std
                By standard i take it you mean without the pre-cat, but you are remapped are you not, so not really standard and iIFdone at regal i have a feeling the actuator has prob been played with too, so will have to be moved back

Comment

Originally posted by bluecorsavxr View Post
                  By standard i take it you mean without the pre-cat, but you are remapped are you not, so not really standard and iIFdone at regal i have a feeling the actuator has prob been played with too, so will have to be moved back

no by standard i mean as it rolled out of the factury no remap no de cat no mods to the engine at all
                  FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
                  182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
                  "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

Comment

Originally posted by simon fletcher View Post
                    no by standard i mean as it rolled out of the factury no remap no de cat no mods to the engine at all
                    Hmm, ok, i thought i remember you talking ages ago about your meriva being in testing for a remap and gona be the first one!!

maybe i am mistaken

Comment

The down pipe on it's own will let the turbo boost higher but not as high as a remap + a down pipe. With both then you end up boosting higher then the actuators default break off point? So I believe.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                      X