This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back brakes

when coming to a stop forward or backwards the back brakes makes a griding noise, even when the car has been used. First thought was rusty discs but no, pads have plenty on them, doesnt appear to be any scoring in the discs.

Any of you guys had this?

yup just had the same thing turned out the disc's and pads where worn out but to look at then from the outside edge they looked fine it was the inside edge the was almost down to the metal cost £140 fitted from vaux
    FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
    182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
    "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

Comment

Cheers Simon, could do with out that at mo.

would it come under warranty issue, car has only done 4500 miles

Matt

Comment

i`d say so!At least i would try to get them get it done under warranty.That is just not normal for the brakes to go that fast.good luck sorting it out mate.

Comment

Thats what i was thinking can only try, Cheers,

Gonna try to get it booked in 2morro, ill see if i can get some pics.

Comment

Car is booked in 2morro, fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by thomacski View Post
              i`d say so!At least i would try to get them get it done under warranty.That is just not normal for the brakes to go that fast.good luck sorting it out mate.
              did my brakes at 44 ooo km.......same thing but ....WARANTY ??? THEY DID NOT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BRAKES...

tear and wear .....that's the answer

Comment

Well after a nervous wait while one of the mechanics looks at it, they said that there was nothing untoward with the brakes. Although when i was driving out of car park the noise had gone. So ill see how they go.

Comment

the GSi range of cars a couple of years ago had issues with grinding noises when going backwards. They had to do something like add some little weights to the brake cables. My Zaf did it a year ago but that was down to a partialy siezed hand brake cable on a frosty morning. Water had gotten into the cable due to the end seal perishing and the water had caused the cable to rust up in one place. I changed the cable and never heard the noise again
                  sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                  Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

if you brought it from network Q they have a 12month warranty on brakes for wear n tear

Comment

Working...
                    X