X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital speedo on meriva vxr display

hello folks

Picked up my Meriva VXR earlier in the week & its great. trying to get to grips with all the features......

Does anone know what the following does.....

1)unlock drivers door only with remote and keep door open.

2)press in and hold courtsey light switch and a beep is heard (without key in ignition)

Nothing seems to happen. I know its not the welcome light function even though it says it is in the manual.......the key has to be at stage 2 of the ignition and both green indicator lights go on if you do the above for that to work.

Also has anyone tried this.........i have a CDC40 opera. Press the settings button from the main screen until you hear a beep. Then press the BC button a few times and you enter a diagnostic mode. there is loads of meaningless info but one screen has a digital speedometer in kph which is cool. Give it a go.

Has anyone tried to have DAB enabled on their CDC40. I have the ariel but not the DAB function so dont know if there is a DAB box connected and it just needs to be Tech2'd. Any ideas anone?

I've noticed the beep with no effect, too.

You wrote:
    I know its not the welcome light function even though it says it is in the manual.......the key has to be at stage 2 of the ignition and both green indicator lights go on if you do the above for that to work.
    Are you saying that this is the "lead-me-to-the-car"-light or the "I-have-stopped-the-car-and-want-the-lights-on-for-30sec-so-I-don't-trip-and-fall-on-my-way-to-my-house" -light (it has some similar fancy name)?
    sigpic

Comment

not tried it myself, but I get what carzzzer is saying.

Couldnt quite work it all out reading the manual. I know you can flick the full beam and that leaves them on for 30secs. Not tried the lights on "Welcome Lighting"........... yet

Comment

Re: digital speedo on meriva VXR display

Originally posted by jeremy
        hello folks
        Surely that happens anyway if you press the remote unlock button once. Not quite sure what your saying??? Please elaborate

Comment

Originally posted by barney
          hello folks
          Surely that happens anyway if you press the remote unlock button once. Not quite sure what your saying??? Please elaborate
          As I remember, the steps in the manual states:

- With locked car...
          - Unlock with remote
          - Open driver door
          - Press and hold light button
          sigpic

Comment

The welcome lighting or lead-me-to-the-car lighting according to the manual is supposed to be set up by:

1) unlocking driver door only with the remote

2) with key in hand and not in ignition press courtsey light switch fore a few seconds whilst driver door is open

3) next time you unlock the car the dipped beam/sidelights go on to lead you to the car and stay on for 30 seconds.

This doesnt happen and all you hear is a beep.........Some function must be activated but what?

The way the above does work is if you

1) unlock the drivers door with the remote

2) put key in ignition and turn to position 2 so the primary ignition lights go on and keep the drivers door open

3) press the courtsey light switch for a few seconds and the green indicator lights by the speedo light up.

Next time you unlock it the welcome lights/ lead-me-to-the-car-lights are on

flicking the full beam stalk before you leave the car activates the door-to-door light so you can get from house to car with dipped beam on. The welcome light is the opposite so you can get from house to car with lights on.

Hope that calrifies it a bit. I just want to find out what that beep is all about???

Comment

Cool, it works! I have "lead-me-to-the-car" lights now, when I hit the "unlock" button twice

How ever did you figure that out?
              sigpic

Comment

Its Standard on all the Vauxhall Range

Comment

cant get mine working

mind you, just read your new explanation Jeremy. Will give the ignition bit a try tommorrow!!!

Comment

done it. Must say its a good feature although a bit pointless in daytime!

Comment

It is useful at night. I only stumbled across it as i couldn't get the method described in the owners manual to work. I still dont get what the beep is all about if you do the procedure with the ignition off. it must activate some function?

Comment

mine never beeped doing it "the book" method.... but I only have CD30 MP3 unit. Recon its something to do with your Head unit mate.

No beeps here

Comment

hello folks

Picked up my Meriva VXR earlier in the week & its great. trying to get to grips with all the features......

Does anone know what the following does.....

2)press in and hold courtsey light switch and a beep is heard (without key in ignition)

Nothing seems to happen. I know its not the welcome light function even though it says it is in the manual.......the key has to be at stage 2 of the ignition and both green indicator lights go on if you do the above for that to work.

Also has anyone tried this.........i have a CDC40 opera. Press the settings button from the main screen until you hear a beep. Then press the BC button a few times and you enter a diagnostic mode. there is loads of meaningless info but one screen has a digital speedometer in kph which is cool. Give it a go.

Has anyone tried to have DAB enabled on their CDC40. I have the ariel but not the DAB function so dont know if there is a DAB box connected and it just needs to be Tech2'd. Any ideas anone?

re your bit about the settings in the diagnostic mode,you can get loads of info off it inc water temp

Comment

Originally posted by barney
                            mine never beeped doing it "the book" method.... but I only have CD30 MP3 unit. Recon its something to do with your Head unit mate.

No beeps here
                            I have the CD30 and mine beeped. Only the second approach worked for me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Don't know if it's anything to do with the headunit? i would imagine its something to do with the vehicle lighting as the beep only happens when the courtesy light switch is pressed.

When you are in the diagnostic mode and get all the extra info up by pressing the BC button try pressing the tuner button a few times and you get other info up also......most of it is meaningless to me but it may mean something to other people.

Also if you are in tuner mode on FM and keep the TP button pressed on a CDC40 you hear a beep and the sound looses all bass! I thought i'd broken it for a mo but if you turn the unit of and on again its all ok.

Anyone tried having DAB enabled on their CDC 40? if so could you do it and was it any good?

Comment

Working...
                              X