X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Meriva VXR

Hi all

I am looking at getting a Meriva VXR as my next car. I like the idea of the wolf in sheeps clothing and the practicality of course :wink:

I'm looking around for information and although I've been to the local stealers and got the Meriva brochures there's only a couple picture pages on the VXR and very basic tech info. I've also got the VXR info from the website but again not a great deal of detail on specifications and options.

I'm after some techie stuff like standard power and torque curves, mph/1000rpm in 5th and 6th gears, 30-70mph through the gears, what sort of mpg people are getting in the real world and on the spec does it come with air conditioning or is it climate control and also is there the option to fold flat the front passenger seat or is that lost with the Recaros.

Thanks for any help

All the best

Mart

Meriva VXR

Hi Mate,

Theirs a great right up in this months Edition of Total Vauxhall......

Comment

I assume you have read some of the threads on this topic. I run both Vrctra and Meriva and love both to bits.

Meriva is terrific car. 2800 at 70, quiet, 36mpg at steady 70, most accurate speedo I have come across (so dont think you have any amrgin!!!), handles brill for a small bus, no fold flat on fronts, but usual fold on rears, zafira boot better but not bad at all.

Recent power runs (although not be al and end all ) revealed 200+bhp on super from mine with 310nm torque.

Some laugh at it, some thinks its pointless, but once everyone gets in one they sit there with thier mouths open. Really the proving ground for the Corsa VXR and has proved its point.Blinding car.

Comment

ditto the above, especially with the speedo - bang on!

It's handling is great, no body roll on the sharp twisties. Very solid to the road, little rocket good for 200+ with a bit of tweeking and 98RON+ fuel.

I have already upset a few people who as Sparky said, think its naff, until you take them out in it and prove them wrong. it will take on most cars in style, yet when you drive nicely it CAN return a decent mpg - although you will always want to blast it here there and everywhere

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for the info. Yep had a look around the forums but seen some very different mpg figures, don't know if the spec is different for the Opel but seen a couple of postings from owners in Denmark and Finland where they are in the mid 20s?

Anyway I'll take a look out for a copy of Total Vauxhall and try and get a look at a second hand Meriva before I go and splash the cash

Thanks again all

Mart

Comment

Originally posted by flatpack
            Hi all

Thanks for the info. Yep had a look around the forums but seen some very different mpg figures, don't know if the spec is different for the Opel but seen a couple of postings from owners in Denmark and Finland where they are in the mid 20s?

Anyway I'll take a look out for a copy of Total Vauxhall and try and get a look at a second hand Meriva before I go and splash the cash

Thanks again all

Mart
            Exact same car, only "Vauxhall" is "Opel" and "VXR" is "OPC" ... and then the VXR red details are OPC blue ones instead
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X