X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweaking??

Hey guys,

Just wondering how many of you have been tweaking your merivas??

i ask because i'm thinking of maybe picking up the one sat at my local dealership as a run around x

basically, my astra is in no way practical for everyday use so i bought a vectra 2.2 sri 06 plate x
    then...somehow along the line that ended up having an i500 kit bought for it and is going in for fitting on april 10th and maybe a respray ready for pvs x

so i was thinking of getting a corsa c/ astra g coupe or something for a run about but then popped in to see a friends new Vectra VXR on sunday at the dealership ( he works there) and lo and behold sat right out front was their zaffy vxr and their meriva vxr up for sale x both in flame red i have to say but nevermind (kidding)

so, as said, has anyone had one tweaked? and just how good is the handling? i'm used to my VXR so this is something i'll be basing it on if i buy one x

Tweaking

Hi Louise,

Ours as barely covered 300 miles.........But i love it Its a great allrounder The handling is spot on and it will surprize you when you get behind the wheel

As for tweaking.............I carnt wait for a tuning company to start bringing out some engine mods and parts ill be first in the queue to spend some money

I dont think theirs any tuning parts yet for the Z16LER Engine but i may be wrong

Comment

Hi L,

Give me a call and you can try it. You should check the thread re the RR days.

Getting people in them is the hardest part, onc ethey are in it they are smitten. Not the fastest but always brings a smile to my face.

Comment

Thanks you two for the replies

Sparky, thanks hun xx

and yes there is a remap out for it apparently, i've been on phone to my friends at 888 today already lol xx

Comment

Ya that remap been around for ages, nearly 6 months, 220bhp. Try the standard unit first mate, you might be surprised, its enough tto get you to buy.

The engine does rely on boost to get its performance and can be a bit sensitive when cold.

I understand addign the Corsa induction kit to the turbo may help powe rbut I think you really will need a bespoke exhaust system, as discussed with someone in the know.

The handling is a bit of egtting over the height and then you point and squirt. I wrote a report on the one I borrowed back in April 2006 and still recon its the easiest VXR to drive.

Comment

ive just checked out that thread 204bhp! and that amount of torque aswell! madness x

i may take this one i like to be RR'd before i buy it xx

Comment

Remap who's doing that Louise do ya know the stats hun

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Racer
                Remap who's doing that Louise do ya know the stats hun
                220bhp as far as i'm aware hun x available at VXRPC

but don't worry Sparky, i ran in my astra before i got her mapped, i'll be doing the same with the meriva if i get xx

Comment

ooopppssss wrote some stuff above you mat have missed on the handling

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                    ooopppssss wrote some stuff above you mat have missed on the handling
                    LOL, yeah i just read it, thanks xx

i'm guessing you're going on all cars having standard suspension etc x

see my astra handles like on rails now and i try not to use the veccy much as i have to adapt my driving style alot for it x
                    so if meriva is as good as you say then that's great and i am defo being swayed to this x it's up for 12,495 atm but apparently cos they can't sell it it'll be going down in price, i'm waiting to see how much lol x

Comment

The engine is very sensitive to fuel quality & air temperature. In optimum running condition it is a true beast for just 1.6 litre, much more torque & hp than stated. Handling is also nice for what it is, never difficult to handle, only the throttle / boost calibration might need some learning. It's easy to get too much boost with just little pedal movement. Never too much though, it's not astra range in power anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by static
                        The engine is very sensitive to fuel quality & air temperature. In optimum running condition it is a true beast for just 1.6 litre, much more torque & hp than stated. Handling is also nice for what it is, never difficult to handle, only the throttle / boost calibration might need some learning. It's easy to get too much boost with just little pedal movement. Never too much though, it's not astra range in power anyway..
                        well i'll take this one out for test drive and see what it's like, then report back what i think xx

Comment

Make sure from the dealer it's filled with 98 RON as 95 RON will cut power.

Comment

Originally posted by static
                            Make sure from the dealer it's filled with 98 RON as 95 RON will cut power.
                            dont worry, my dealership are pretty good, theyre used to me in telling them what they need to do with their vxr's LOL! x

Comment

I contacted VXRPC by email but they never got back to me. Looking at potential improvements via mapping for a start.

Nice little motor. Good to throw about, and as said, although not the quickest, it does bring a smile to your face :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X