This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get rims painted?

Since my Meriva is Star Silber and the 17" Opel OPC rims are pretty silver as well, I have been thinking about getting them painted... Otherwise it's, well... all silver :?

The rims are brand new and have never been driven, so paint job should be pretty easy as there is no repair needed... I've heard of a price (with out receet) in the whereabouts of 1500 DKK (approx 140 GBP) which I don't consider expensive at all.

Here is the standard:

Here is approx how I would like them in antrazite gray:

What do you guys think?
    Does it look cooler or no?

(BTW, the car isn't mine, but it's the car that I test drove and made me want one )
    sigpic

to be honest, i'd say leave as is x they look really nice

Comment

Agreed, leave alone, not my taste, sorry.

Comment

I see what you mean, it looks very much silver indeed The color suits the car but maybe not in the std. wheels, also there is always a risk with repaint as the result may look worse than planned and then the wheels will be ruined. Maybe just get some proper aftermarket wheels in gunmetal / anthrazite later..

BTW, drive a couple of miles and do some hard braking, and thanks to brake dust your wheels (esp. the fronts) will look just like in the other picture

Comment

i'd say upgrade the wheels a inch or so, paint them black and slam it some more

Also not to my taste, but black might look ok along with a bit of lowering too (next on my list).

Comment

Perhaps look at the silver facing and grey/black inners to the spokes

Comment

Working...
            X