This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Meriva diesel owner considering VXR

My current car as the Meriva 1.9 CDTi Design MY07. Great car which we all enjoy. About the only critisism is the turbo lag when trying to accelerate from 15mph in 2nd gear. I tried the 1.6 twinport but found this lacklustre in performance overall - though very refined. Anyone tried my diesel and the VXR and compared? The info on the VXR seems pretty light so I'm hoping some real owners can answer a few questions:

1) It has no sunroof - I think a previous thread has established this
    2) Has it got climate control? I think it has manual air con - but the climate is an option only on the Design - and it's an option I specified. I see pictures of the Opel OPC with the climate - but someone in this forum will likely know!
    3) Are the Recaro's always blue? All the pics seem to show them as blue.
    4) Do you still get side airbags? I've heard that Recaro's sometimes mean these are no longer possible.
    5) And what about those smaller things - auto-dipping rear view mirror, picnic trays, twin audio for rear passengers, rear electric windows?
    6) Also - I was really annoyed that Vauxhall dropped the full Thatcham interior alarm off the Design. In fact you can't get it as an option on any Meriva now - except I think it still comes as standard on the VXR. Am I right?

And finally - if anyone has experience of an ordinary Meriva versus the VXR - can you comment on how much firmer the ride is? I find the ride in my Meriva is already firmish - so I don't really want anything firmer, or rather my family might not like it!

Looking forward to the replies!!!!!!

Well, although I never owned a meriva 1.9cdti I came from a Vectra 1.9 CDTI (150)... and yes it is much much better. Only gripe will be increased fuel consumption, but with performance gains this has to be expected.

My answers (may not be 100% correct :wink: )

1. Yup no sunroof

2. Mine has standard Air Con. It is a optional extra but fitted from new at factory.

3. Not all recaro's are blue. Mine are black (silver car).

4. Not sure about side airbags tbh...... not looked. But you do get the curtain ones at the side. No picnic trays.

5. Twin audio is optional. I have this. Elec windows are standard. AFL is optional, not sure about mirror though.

6. Couldnt tell you about the alarm. All I know is it has interior sensing with the ability to turn the interior off. And it works!!!

HTH

Welcome by the way!

Comment

1) It has no sunroof - I think a previous thread has established this

Correct

2) Has it got climate control? I think it has manual air con - but the climate is an option only on the Design - and it's an option I specified. I see pictures of the Opel OPC with the climate - but someone in this forum will likely know!

You can get it but need to order as per the Design

All the UK cars (Vauxhall) are Black/White. Blue was for Opel

4) Do you still get side airbags? I've heard that Recaro's sometimes mean these are no longer possible.

No problem it has it as std, in the seats

5) And what about those smaller things - auto-dipping rear view mirror, picnic trays, twin audio for rear passengers, rear electric windows?

No auto mirror, yes to audio, no to trays (Recaro's) and yep to rear windows

6) Also - I was really annoyed that Vauxhall dropped the full Thatcham interior alarm off the Design. In fact you can't get it as an option on any Meriva now - except I think it still comes as standard on the VXR. Am I right?

Std alarm is fitted with movement sensor inside

As to the ride, yes its firm but a pretty good ride in general, as per a sporting car.

Did you mean a 1.7CDTi?

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky

All the UK cars (Vauxhall) are Black/White. Blue was for Opel
        My Opel Meriva OPC is Star Silver and the seats are all gray... check out the link in the signature for evidence
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X