This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPG IN MERIVA VXR

Hello, new member here. Very interested in getting the Meriva VXR but concerned about MPG.

Is it right it only gets around 25mpg? I know if you drive it hard it will use more fuel but if driven more carefully does it return more?

Cheers.

well i just done dorset from the midlands on just under half a tank. that was about £30 v-power doing 190 miles - not that great but there you go. thats fun factor for you!!!! :wink:

Comment

At steady 70 I can get 36-37. 60 easy to see 40mpg. Very Hard , hmmmm low 20's, progressive drive, country lanes, motorway 33-34.

Comment

I suggest you get the trip computer otherwise it's very difficult to get low consumption. The boost kicks even @ slight throttle so you have to really feather it. Trip computer will help you monitor the consumption so you can find the sweet spot to maintain speed without using too much fuel.

BTW, I noticed V-Power (99+RON) made my VXR act a bit weird, the car seemed to accelerate very eagerly with half gas but WOT it was actually a bit slower than 98 RON, maybe mine had older ECU software dunno.. Never had any problems with 95 or 98 RON. Consumption was about the same with all fuels, most effect made how you drove the car.

Comment

at the end of the day the vxr range are performance cars, imo fuel consumption has to take a back seat, ok you can take it easy to reach better mpg but thats not what vxr's are about you might as well by a diesel,

Comment

My first proper fill up since I got it, did 292 miles on 41 litres so approx 32mpg, that was a mix of dual carriageway, country lanes and commuting. Red light come on at approx 284 miles and vauxhall says the tank is 53 litres so had 12 litres left in it ! Air con was on most of the time as well. not sure if that ever does make a difference ?
            That is better mpg than I was getting out of my 1.6 16v Meriva !!

Comment

Working...
            X