Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed Camera Flashed Once

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Speed Camera Flashed Once

    Just a bit of advice needed - Speed camera flashed once as I went through - Am I done or not ? I was doing 75, on the M20 and the camera on a gantry flashed once. It is in a variable speed limit but the boards weren't on at the time. Now I know 75 is over the speed limit but surely they are set higher than that.

  • #2
    one flash should be ok, two that does it, just keep fiqures crossed for next two weeks. you should be fine

    Comment


    • #3
      If they are the ones around Maidstone, they only record when showing reduced speed, I came through them this morning and they was showing 60
      sigpic
      Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
      Mercedes GLA250 2.0 Ltr Turbo Sport 4Matic 7g DCT White
      BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
      'Clique' # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        Those are the ones !! I'm sure the signs weren't on as it was after 9 this morning and i'm sure they are off after the rush hour.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mgmerv View Post
          Those are the ones !! I'm sure the signs weren't on as it was after 9 this morning and i'm sure they are off after the rush hour.
          It was 07.30 when I went through, you should be OK if it was after 09.00, you stand more chance of being caught by the unmarked traffic cars around that stretch
          sigpic
          Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
          Mercedes GLA250 2.0 Ltr Turbo Sport 4Matic 7g DCT White
          BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
          'Clique' # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Is that the light blue volvo by any chance ?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mgmerv View Post
              Is that the light blue volvo by any chance ?
              The one that pulled me was an old grey mondao, but I have also seen the Volvo, they also have a new BMW, which was to replace the Mondao, but they like the Mondao best because of its success rate, as you would not give it a second glance
              sigpic
              Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
              Mercedes GLA250 2.0 Ltr Turbo Sport 4Matic 7g DCT White
              BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
              'Clique' # 1

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mgmerv View Post
                Is that the light blue volvo by any chance ?
                I have seen the Volvo's around S60 I think well it was a 4 door car
                the truth is out there
                part GSI part VXR
                tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

                Comment


                • #9
                  same as where i got flashed twice last week at 5.30am , sadly i didnt realise the speed i as doing on a deserted stretch between junction 7 and 8 and am waiting the post now fixed above gantry as you say.
                  HeavenlyDetail
                  .
                  Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                    same as where i got flashed twice last week at 5.30am , sadly i didnt realise the speed i as doing on a deserted stretch between junction 7 and 8 and am waiting the post now fixed above gantry as you say.

                    The Highways Agency control the cameras on that stretch of the M20 - So I contacted them and asked them what the score was with them. As I'm sure you are aware they have put in this variable speed limit along that stretch - however when you join J7 the sign on the edge of the slip is still painted grey. The fella informed me that they have been doing flash tests along the stretch to test the cameras etc - so fingers crossed we won't be getting tickets !!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      well fingers crossed as friday is my 2 weeks up , i didnt know this , my friend works for the highways agency , im gonna have a chat i think.
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      .
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i was driving clockwise on the m25 once (between headley court and the m3) and you wanna seen the anticlock wise flyover flashing! every single lane! was like a fireworks display! it must have been broken

                        sigpic


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          you should not get anythin thru mate as all speed cameras allow 10% which would be 77mph its the same as the yellow fixed one cant get you going towards them (fact)unless they are the front facing ones,i know a traffic cop lol
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mgmerv View Post
                            The Highways Agency control the cameras on that stretch of the M20 - So I contacted them and asked them what the score was with them. As I'm sure you are aware they have put in this variable speed limit along that stretch - however when you join J7 the sign on the edge of the slip is still painted grey. The fella informed me that they have been doing flash tests along the stretch to test the cameras etc - so fingers crossed we won't be getting tickets !!
                            Went up the m20 this week and noticed signs all over the camera sections that flash testing is taking place, Don't know how long they been doing it for so maybe you both got off alright.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by billysaph View Post
                              you should not get anythin thru mate as all speed cameras allow 10% which would be 77mph its the same as the yellow fixed one cant get you going towards them (fact)unless they are the front facing ones,i know a traffic cop lol
                              It's actually 10% + 2mph so 79 in a 70 zone.



                              my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X