X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meriva VXR/OPC videos

http://www.lulop.com/post.php/5823
    A bit of a bad quality but shows how the car stays surprisingly level at bends when driven fast (action starts approx from the middle of the clip)..
    Very difficult to find any videos so if anyone knows a good link it would be appreciated. I've found couple of other videos as well but they're no good since they just talk about some specs (in german) and don't actually drive the car..
    Damn it's long time to wait, mine is scheduled end of june..

Did you read the report. You will not be disappoint in the car as a whole VXR. Excellent, just needs a tad more power but soooooo mcuh fun.

Comment

I've actually driven one and it was great fun, pretty much what you wrote in the report.. would like to get some video material to ease the waiting though.. Sadly it seems there isn't much available just yet.

Comment

Come and video mine if you like, i'm picking it up on Wednesday. Your right it is a long wait. 8 weeks for mine. I'll get some pics up on wednesday.
        Paul.

Comment

At last hope you enjoy.

Comment

Come and video mine if you like, i'm picking it up on Wednesday. Your right it is a long wait. 8 weeks for mine. I'll get some pics up on wednesday.
            Trust me I would but I live in Finland so a bit long journey. 8-10weeks is the delivery time here for OPC models. I'll also try to gather some material when I get mine, should be 2-3 weeks until I get mine. Arden blue with std. equipment. :wink:
            btw, I'm not sure but it might be that I'll be the first owner in my town since I ordered mine almost immediately after the OPC tour that we had 6 weeks ago

Comment

Thanks Mark for your help, i'll give you a buzz this week.
              Static,
              I didn't realise you weren't in the Uk. I've ordered ours with ecc & afl. Gone for the afl mainly for looks rather than the performance. Hope you enjoy yours when it comes. The delivery date couldn't have been better for me to be honest as i've just returned from Mallorca after a nice break and my mot is due tomorrow!
              I'll post up tomorrow with some pics hopefully.
              Cheers,
              Paul.

Comment

PJ,
                Well I don't blame you as it seems I forgot to add location to my profile
                I still kick myself for not ordering AFL.. it was only later that I realized most of the press pics were with AFL The price is actually not that bad when compared to xenons which are much more expensive. Ah well, I guess I can live without them

Comment

Yeh it was same here in the Uk, most of the press shots had the AFl lights. Not badly priced either at £250.

Comment

I'm absolutley fuming, went to pick the Meriva up today and it's not been built with AFL. The salesman hadn't ordered it with it. I've rejected the car, it was stunning sat there with it's shiney paintwork and they even registered it with a VXR number plate. Soon as i saw the front of the car I realised it had standard headlights. Walked out of the dealers in disgust.
                    Paul.

Comment

FAO Dougie, Not sure if your getting my pm's, wouldn't mind ringing you if you can pm my number.
                      Cheers,
                      Paul.

Comment

Man, that just sucks.. I can imagine how you feel and you have my full sympathy. I've also had bad luck couple of times when buying a new car. Last time I had to wait extra 2 months because the car was ruined by salt water in harbor (there was a storm and the cars were not moved to shelter in time).
                        I guess it isn't possible to install the AFL lights afterwards then? I mean you can change std. headlights quite easily to aftermarket ones (like ones with black optics for example).. But the AFL lights must have some sort of technology to control them in curves so maybe it's not that simple..

Comment

Working...
                        X