Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My XP so far....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My XP so far....

    Hi Guys

    Having cleaned the old girl t'day (washed, chammy'd, 2 coats of Autoglym Super Resin and 1 coat of Deep Gloss) I thought I'd do the geeky thing and post some pics

    Enjoy


















    Comments and suggestions welcome as always
    Last edited by Dave C; 25 July 2010, 04:44 PM. Reason: proofreading skills still rusty

  • #2
    super clean that dave,you not thought of debadging the front doors mate?
    Ex owner of various VXR's

    Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by robinho View Post
      super clean that dave,you not thought of debadging the front doors mate?
      I have actually. I did the "badged no badge" thing with the last car I had. Its a toughy. I like the clean look debadged cars have, but then (if the car in particular isn't a hot, fast sports car) people will just think I've just bought a cheap bottom of the range version.... and put a body kit on.

      I am tempted to get the grill colour coded or buy an Irmscher grill tho.

      Dave

      Comment


      • #4
        yeh see your point dave,although it wouldnt look like a bottom of the range with a kit thrown on tbh,go for the irmscher cant go wrong with that
        Ex owner of various VXR's

        Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by robinho View Post
          yeh see your point dave,although it wouldnt look like a bottom of the range with a kit thrown on tbh,go for the irmscher cant go wrong with that
          I very nearly bought one when I was at PVS for £60. I ressisted in buying one at the time and now I regret it because I'll have to pay full price now!

          Planning the Leather/Alcantara re-trim at the moment. Trying to find a company that can do a really good job that does'nt cost over the odds etc.

          Comment


          • #6
            sounds like you have big plans mate ,its a good looking merv
            Ex owner of various VXR's

            Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by robinho View Post
              sounds like you have big plans mate ,its a good looking merv
              Thanx

              Its cheaper to run than a VXR Meriva at the moment with the mileage im doing. With the depreciation so far, ive decided to just keep this one a while and maybe get something VXR later. I car has lost about £6k so far in value, so I can't see the point it spending more money to buy an older car cause newish VXR Meriva's are like rockin horse poo.

              Comment


              • #8
                Looking good dave, nice and clean. I agree with removing the door badges and colour coding the grille or like you sat an irmsher one

                Comment


                • #9
                  lookin nice and clean dave im sure theres a vxr in the near future for you mate
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Looking nice mate..
                    ....................................sigpic.................................

                    ..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      you ever waa clean a real vxr im nly down the road mate

                      nice work ya done a god job mine needs sme tlc and i need stop letting the cosovans wash it for a 5er ooop im in trubble now fr admiting that !
                      VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
                        you ever waa clean a real vxr im nly down the road mate

                        nice work ya done a god job mine needs sme tlc and i need stop letting the cosovans wash it for a 5er ooop im in trubble now fr admiting that !
                        Im sure we can come to some arrangement

                        To do it properly (wash, chamoui, a declay, coat of super resin, vxr carnauba wax coat then a sealer, glass cleaning (inside and out),finally black exterior trim) will take about 5 hrs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Bloody 'ell dave,thats commitment,but worth it by look of yours
                          Ex owner of various VXR's

                          Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by robinho View Post
                            Bloody 'ell dave,thats commitment,but worth it by look of yours
                            It helps having OCCD (Obsessive Car Cleaning Disorder)

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X