X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My XP so far....

Hi Guys

Having cleaned the old girl t'day (washed, chammy'd, 2 coats of Autoglym Super Resin and 1 coat of Deep Gloss) I thought I'd do the geeky thing and post some pics

Enjoy

Comments and suggestions welcome as always
    Last edited by Dave C; 25 July 2010, 04:44 PM. Reason: proofreading skills still rusty

super clean that dave,you not thought of debadging the front doors mate?
    Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by robinho View Post
      super clean that dave,you not thought of debadging the front doors mate?
      I have actually. I did the "badged no badge" thing with the last car I had. Its a toughy. I like the clean look debadged cars have, but then (if the car in particular isn't a hot, fast sports car) people will just think I've just bought a cheap bottom of the range version.... and put a body kit on.

I am tempted to get the grill colour coded or buy an Irmscher grill tho.

Dave

Comment

yeh see your point dave,although it wouldnt look like a bottom of the range with a kit thrown on tbh,go for the irmscher cant go wrong with that

Comment

yeh see your point dave,although it wouldnt look like a bottom of the range with a kit thrown on tbh,go for the irmscher cant go wrong with that
          I very nearly bought one when I was at PVS for £60. I ressisted in buying one at the time and now I regret it because I'll have to pay full price now!

Planning the Leather/Alcantara re-trim at the moment. Trying to find a company that can do a really good job that does'nt cost over the odds etc.

Comment

sounds like you have big plans mate ,its a good looking merv

Comment

sounds like you have big plans mate ,its a good looking merv
              Thanx

Its cheaper to run than a VXR Meriva at the moment with the mileage im doing. With the depreciation so far, ive decided to just keep this one a while and maybe get something VXR later. I car has lost about £6k so far in value, so I can't see the point it spending more money to buy an older car cause newish VXR Meriva's are like rockin horse poo.

Comment

Looking good dave, nice and clean. I agree with removing the door badges and colour coding the grille or like you sat an irmsher one

Comment

lookin nice and clean dave im sure theres a vxr in the near future for you mate
                  sigpic

Comment

Looking nice mate..
                    ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

you ever waa clean a real vxr im nly down the road mate

nice work ya done a god job mine needs sme tlc and i need stop letting the cosovans wash it for a 5er ooop im in trubble now fr admiting that !
                      VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
                        you ever waa clean a real vxr im nly down the road mate

nice work ya done a god job mine needs sme tlc and i need stop letting the cosovans wash it for a 5er ooop im in trubble now fr admiting that !
                        Im sure we can come to some arrangement

To do it properly (wash, chamoui, a declay, coat of super resin, vxr carnauba wax coat then a sealer, glass cleaning (inside and out),finally black exterior trim) will take about 5 hrs.

Comment

Bloody 'ell dave,thats commitment,but worth it by look of yours

Comment

Bloody 'ell dave,thats commitment,but worth it by look of yours
                            It helps having OCCD (Obsessive Car Cleaning Disorder)

Comment

Working...
                            X