This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osf ball joint !

Had the suspension checked out yesterday to diagnose the dreaded metallic clunk which occurs on humps and bumps ! Turns out the osf ball joint is shot.
    Replacing this part is more expensive than the equivalent item for an s class merc ! WOW ! Out of interest the original gave up the ghost after 17k ...... not a lot really !
    phantom black vxr8,ls3sigpic (build no.69), monkfish lowering spings, fogcovers,orssom otrcai,powerflow custom exhaust and pipes....and lots of tlc !!

Originally posted by clivewire View Post
    Had the suspension checked out yesterday to diagnose the dreaded metallic clunk which occurs on humps and bumps ! Turns out the osf ball joint is shot.
    Replacing this part is more expensive than the equivalent item for an s class merc ! WOW ! Out of interest the original gave up the ghost after 17k ...... not a lot really !
    The ball joints were done on my R8 on the first 10K service.
    There are 3 Vauxhall dealer Tech notes relating the Front suspension. I can't find the post that had the ref number for it.
    These should be covered the warranty.
    The first covers relates to ball joint replacement the second mentions rotating the springs or some such and the last relates to replacing the top strut mounting bush.
    The top strut mount is the one that does the trick. I am currently waiting for the top strut mounts to be done on my R8. The ball joints made a big difference though.
    MIEEE

Comment

Ball joint replaced but turns out metallic clunk is the springs which are compressing as time progresses ! they are aftermarket lowering springs ( well known brand) about 10 months old ! they have compressed to the point where the top 3 coils are so close together ,they hit each other when the car goes over a bump !Hence the mettalic clunk ! Will be following this up with the supplier shortly, the product comes with a 2 year warranty so hopefully all will be resolved amicably !
      phantom black vxr8,ls3sigpic (build no.69), monkfish lowering spings, fogcovers,orssom otrcai,powerflow custom exhaust and pipes....and lots of tlc !!

Comment

Hopefully the fitting agent will sort this for you. Has the ride height changed from std - minus lowering value?
        MIEEE

Comment

Hi Clive, do you fancy a meet up with me and other guys on Monday 9th AUG?

It is at the Squires coffee bar on the B1222 at Newthorpe, 7pm. Hope you can make it.

Ade

Comment

Working...
          X