X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Ended by uninsured driver

As title. Totally gutted.
    Dozy woman driver in clapped out X Reg Rover 25 careered into my **** end today. Didn't even brake. Damage to the R8 seems to be confined to rear bumper which is minus a couple of parking sensors, badly scratched &off the clips but is still holding on OK & drives OK.

Rover totally anhiliated at the front end, which just goes to show how sturdy these big Aussie motors are!

Insurers confirm the other car is NOT on the insurance database, driver disputes this & claims there's been an "administrative error!." with a non existant insurance company!

I'll pursue them to the end of the earth for recovery of my excess & other costs.

I'm going on hols for 2 weeks on Wednesday & will leave it at the dealers while I'm away. Hopefully all will be sorted on my return, although with parts availability issues I'm expecting some sort of delays.

Total scum.

Jonesy.
    Last edited by JonesyVXR8; 26 July 2010, 09:35 PM.

Thats bad mate sorry to hear this hope things get sorted and she is insured afterall.

Comment

Gutted for ya mate Just have a great holiday and I hope it's all sorted ready for when you get back..
      ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

prepair yourself for the bootfloor to be bent and buckled if their frontend was trashed

hopefully you get sorted quickly

sigpic

Comment

Jonesy sorry to hear about this, I hope you manage to get the car sorted although part's might be a bit of a problem, have the police been informed that the other party has no insurance ?
          sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

gutted for you

Comment

Oh dear - sorry to hear this

BTW, its that your accessment of the damage or a bodyshop as most damage is done now behind the bumpers which you dont see once the bumper bounces back out again. please ensure you have your car properly checked if not already done so....

And dont let her get away with it - persue to the end
              sigpic

Comment

There is a massive steel beam behind the bumpers on these, I know as I have knocked my bumper and had to take it off but I hope to god the beam stayed intact and nothing has bent beyond that.
                sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Thanks for the support Guys.

The damage is my take on things as it stands, it'll get a thorough going over on Wednesday at Pentagon.

All 'seems' OK driving wise at the moment, but obviously hav been taking it easy.

I dobbed the ***** into the Rozzers this afternoon. Unsurprisingly, they didn't seem too concerned. Too busy persecuting easy targets I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by JonesyVXR8 View Post

The damage is my take on things as it stands, it'll get a thorough going over on Wednesday at Pentagon.

All 'seems' OK driving wise at the moment, but obviously hav been taking it easy.

I dobbed the ***** into the Rozzers this afternoon. Unsurprisingly, they didn't seem too concerned. Too busy persecuting easy targets I suspect.

I say what i say and badboyburt is also confirming the same as these i-beams etc are designed to absorb the bump and you see no damage externally - internally there could be loads, infact hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth. Make sure you have it checked ASAP
                    sigpic

Comment

Gutted for you mate
                      It's totally amazing how these people get away with it,
                      similar thing happened to me but due to the cost of the repair I dicided not to persue the claim but thats me and another story
                      good luck
                      Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

As everyone else Really gutted for you. Hope all is sorted from your return don't let it mess up the hol's if you can.

Comment

Same thing happened to my boss's A5 this week. Hope it's all sorted quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by JonesyVXR8 View Post

Hi JonesyVXR8, really sorry to read of your predicament mate. Not surprised the Rozers weren't too concerned. Its a sad statistic that 1 in 4 drivers on the road are uninsured and if the Crown Prosecution Service had to prosecute every one who was involved in an accident, it's all they would do. But there are a couple of options you could consider if you want to go after her. First you can consider a private prosecution against the driver. Speak to a solicitor if you want to consider this and see what it will cost and what punishment the court would dole out to see if it is worth it. Secondly, sue the driver personally through the civil courts. When you win she will have to pay your costs too. The only downside is that if she has no money she cannot pay; in which case the court can freeze any future assets until she has paid you which will stop her from buying another car and doing it to another unsuspecting and legally insured motorist. I agree that neither of these options are ideal, but if you do want justice the apparatus does exist. These people just don't give a **** about anybody and they play the percentage game figuring the insured driver they hit will claim on his own insurance because he cannot be bothered with the hassle of pursuing them.

Have a great holiday, mate! Hope it takes away some of the pain of this experiance.

-Matt-

Comment

wipe the floor with the feckers mate-take her for every penny she has,

Comment

Working...
                              X