This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a little bump! :(

I'm an idiot, and it was my fault! 10 years of driving, had to happen eventually. Simply put - went (rolled) into the back of a Transit at a m'way junction due to me assuming they had gone and me not concentrating.

All being sorted by insurance and myself and the other driver uninjured.

Anyway, new front bumper & reg plate required and possible tracking is out.

Apologies to Jonesy - I know you've recently been on the receiving end of a plank like me!

Doesn't seem to be any damage other that what can be seen, but I'm sure it'll be identified during repair if there is.

Confidence and pride hit a bit - keep telling myself it could have happened in any car, but when you down something like a VXR8 it kind of makes you feel like you don't deserve to be driving one when you do something stupid.

I'm sure I'll get over it!

Has the bar behind the bumper or the radiator been damaged?

Thats all our VXR8's insurance going up then.
    Insurance companys are realising that new bumpers for our cars cost alot £1500 i think.

Comment

Glad your ok mate accidents happen. Nice to see you have thoughts abd feelings MATE!^^

Comment

Ouch 2k just for the bumper let alone paint and other ancillary's, check the beam, rad god forbid anything else is damaged, many low speed collisions may look like light damage but turn out much worse upon closer inspection, let us know what the insurance assesor discovers.
        sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Hmm I fear that bar behind the bumper may have suffered some damage, but can't be sure until they do a proper check. Radiator looks ok.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

As for our insurance going up, yep no doubt.... Plus I'm guessing many other owners have made claims and not posted here

Comment

Sorry to hear and as long as all people concerned are okay, then everything else can be fixed.

As to you making all our premiums increase, I wouldn't be too concerned, if I were you. Insurance companies don't look at how many cars there are, just how many have accidents. If every VXR8 in the UK had an accident, the figures still wouldn't look bad.

Comment

Anymore info on the damage ?
              sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Hi everyone

Car goes in on Wednesday for repair. They've already acquired the new bumper. Fingers crossed no more damage is found.

For my crimes, I get to drive a class A courtesy car with 'accident repair' plastered on the side!

Comment

Bumper replaced completely, no other damage. Including labour and painting I believe the actual bill came to just under 900. Good job, too.

Comment

Glad to hear you've got it sorted.
                    My bumper's not due into stock for another 3 weeks & I've been without the car for nearly a month
                    Can't wait to get the beast back, driving a c class auto hire car doesn't exactly getthe pulse racing.

Comment

Working...
                    X