This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap auto for manual?

Guys, currently contemplating changing my Manual ls3 VXR8 for an Automatic (same engine). Before I talk to stealers does anyone fancy swapping their LS3 Auto for a Manual? Car currently has a wortec cat back on it so the swap car would have to have the same or just look to swap the cat back over at the same time

If interested let me know

Shocking turn of events and after all the grief us auto boys have gotten from you!!

Comment

He used to slate the VXR8 too. Such a turncoat.

Comment

Originally posted by magic919 View Post
        He used to slate the VXR8 too. Such a turncoat.
        I should feel bad for being such a turncoat but I don't

Comment

Have you tried any of the dealers? Make a few calls tomorrow, I'd have thought you'd get a swap as the manuals tend to shift quicker (when they're sat on a forecourt that is!)

Comment

waiting for a call from a dealer later this week. They already primed me for a book offer against a retail price so I am not actually hopeful but as I can point out its virtually a like for like swap if we can talk a good cost to change it might just go ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Slartybartfast View Post
              Guys, currently contemplating changing my Manual ls3 VXR8 for an Automatic (same engine). Before I talk to stealers does anyone fancy swapping their LS3 Auto for a Manual? Car currently has a wortec cat back on it so the swap car would have to have the same or just look to swap the cat back over at the same time

If interested let me know
              Lloyd was interested once upon a time - dont know if thats still the case ?
              sigpic

Comment

I should feel bad for being such a turncoat but I don't
                Given the clutch problems the manual cars have, this is a thought that has crossed my mind once or twice. My other car is an auto and its a blast to drive so if you do change, somehow I don't think your regret it.

Good luck

Comment

clutch problems are typically user error. No clutch problem I've come accross, likewise with my monaro before

will see what the dealers say tomorrow....

Comment

clutch problems are typically user error. No clutch problem I've come accross, likewise with my monaro before

will see what the dealers say tomorrow....
                    Not on the R8, Holden even have tech bulletins on it.
                    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Out of interest, what are the Auto boxes like on the R8's? Quick Changes? Better than Manual?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                        Out of interest, what are the Auto boxes like on the R8's? Quick Changes? Better than Manual?
                        I have heard that they take a bit of getting used to like an auto and a remap also helps.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                          Not on the R8, Holden even have tech bulletins on it.
                          The way some people drive I can understand how clutch problems can be end user, but I have seen/read too many stories of soft clutch issues on low mileage cars over here. I had my frst soft clutch incident in first gear at 2.5k revs and I know how I drive which has meant I have never had clutch problems in the past. Aus have a tech bulletin for it ..... will we ever get a VX tech bulletin

Comment

I still stand by my comment that the majority of problems will be user error. A lof of owners have come to these cars not understanding how to correctly drive them and as a result report of the soft clutch which tends to happen after a poor clutching session

Comment

I still stand by my comment that the majority of problems will be user error. A lof of owners have come to these cars not understanding how to correctly drive them and as a result report of the soft clutch which tends to happen after a poor clutching session
                              Can I ask what the "correct" way to use the clutch is on an R8?

Ive not experienced this issue but have come from a Maser 4200 which are well known for their short clutch lifespan if not used correctly (ie minimise slip, match revs on downchanges, etc) Is the R8 similar?

Comment

Working...
                              X