X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might have to sell it...

Hi folks,

Hopefully won't have to happen, but there is a potential need to get some money realased sitting in the car. Just trying to gauge what I might be getting for it if I sell it now. Hopefully won't have to do it as a lot of money has gone into it.

It is a VXR8 6.0 LS2 manual 08/08
    done 22k miles
    black
    tinted windows (back to front)
    Wortec CAI
    custom made 2.5" de-cat exhaust
    remap
    LPG Conversion (balance of 2year warranty from Dec 09)
    Apart from that standard car with F/S/H (1st Service VX, 2nd Service Monkfish Performance)
    I am the 3rd owner on the V5C.

Any rough ideas for private sale or p/x?

cheers

Similar mileage cars are selling for £20k through VX, good condition private according to Parkers guide is £18k and £16.6k for p/x value.

May make more sense to sell some of the mods off seperately and return the car to stock to get more value from them. Not sure if LPG would add any extra value.

Comment

That sounds tough, will have to think if selling makes any sense.

It's really the cost of finance rather than running cost that seems heavy at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by djwilk View Post
        That sounds tough, will have to think if selling makes any sense.

It's really the cost of finance rather than running cost that seems heavy at the minute.
        may be cheaper to get bank loan and clear current finance,could always extend loan term on personal loan to help reduce costs.may work out little more costly in the long run... but r8 stays in your drive ..good luck

Comment

Hi folks,

Hopefully won't have to happen, but there is a potential need to get some money realased sitting in the car. Just trying to gauge what I might be getting for it if I sell it now. Hopefully won't have to do it as a lot of money has gone into it.

It is a VXR8 6.0 LS2 manual 08/08
          done 22k miles
          black
          tinted windows (back to front)
          Wortec CAI
          custom made 2.5" de-cat exhaust
          remap
          LPG Conversion (balance of 2year warranty from Dec 09)
          Apart from that standard car with F/S/H (1st Service VX, 2nd Service Monkfish Performance)
          I am the 3rd owner on the V5C.

Any rough ideas for private sale or p/x?

cheers
          Hi djwilk, hard to put a value on the car with the LPG conversion, you may be unique in having had the conversion done. I don't know anything about the LPG conversion or why a potential buyer would want to buy a VXR8 with this conversion, so my comments come with that cavaet, but as someone hoping to buy a VXR8 sometime soon I would not want one with an LPG conversion so I would be tempted to remove it and sell it seperately and then sell the car. Without the LPG conversion based on the Autotrader website prices your looking at around £16-18k I would think.

-Matt-

Comment

I might be interested, do you have the standard exhaust to put back on, could not live with a Wortec with the mileage I do.

What make LPG system is installed?
            sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
            Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

lpg

Originally posted by blackadder9570 View Post
              Hi djwilk, hard to put a value on the car with the LPG conversion, you may be unique in having had the conversion done. I don't know anything about the LPG conversion or why a potential buyer would want to buy a VXR8 with this conversion, so my comments come with that cavaet, but as someone hoping to buy a VXR8 sometime soon I would not want one with an LPG conversion so I would be tempted to remove it and sell it seperately and then sell the car. Without the LPG conversion based on the Autotrader website prices your looking at around £16-18k I would think.

-Matt-
              why the negativity over the lpg? i have considered havin this done as my understanding was similiar performance at half the cost only disad would be the tank size and filler? is this not the case?
              Phantom Black VXR8
              57 Plate

Comment

people still remember the old horror stories of gas when it first came onto the car scene. It used to be done via a venturi and was pap, it took away lots of power, engines used to blow up and back fires through the air inlets were common. All those issues are now gone, take a look at my siggy here vvvv
                sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by copycatz View Post
                  why the negativity over the lpg? i have considered havin this done as my understanding was similiar performance at half the cost only disad would be the tank size and filler? is this not the case?
                  Hi copycatz, as I said in my post, I don't know anything about an LPG conversion, but as someone looking to buy a VXR8 some time soon my understanding of the LPG conversion is that this is done to reduce running costs and C02 emissions, and as the VXR8 is a performance car with a 6.0V8 engine market to petrol heads I would have thought an LPG conversion on such a car would be the last thing a potential owner would want. There may be people out there who would want it, I could be completely wrong on this, but thought I would offer the opinion.

-Matt-

Comment

I think it makes sense to buy a VXR8 already converted to lpg so long as you have good access to lpg garages, be interesting to hear from the owner whether he has got his money back on the lpg conversion after the car sells and if the conversion added extra value.

The conversion certainly won't hit performance, in fact if it's mapped well it may even help!

Comment

Modern LPG EFI systems work in dual fuel mode which means they use petrol when the engine needs power and LPG for cruising. Nominally power is down 5% or so but road is halved and range is increased. A dual Fuel LPG conversion will pay for itself in 2 years or so depending on mileage. The only down side is that if you mod the car after getting the LPG conversion done your tuner may have issues mapping since they are unlikely to have much XP will LPG tunes.

Whether someone would pay extra to for a VXR8 with LPG would probably depend on whether they are contemplating having a conversion done.
                      MIEEE

Comment

The power is down by a few horses on top end but apart from that pulls all the way through.

I am afraid I have just started calling around for a bid.
                        The first phone call to Picador and they offered £16500 for it...
                        We will see what others will shout.

Jalfrezigazee, how much are you willing to pay and when are you looking to have it?
                        PM Welcome.

Comment

The power is down by a few horses on top end but apart from that pulls all the way through.

I am afraid I have just started calling around for a bid.
                          The first phone call to Picador and they offered £16500 for it...
                          We will see what others will shout.

Jalfrezigazee, how much are you willing to pay and when are you looking to have it?
                          PM Welcome.
                          Hi djwilk, I'm obviously missing something here, if you don't mind the question, why did you go for an LPG conversion?

-Matt-

Comment

The car was supposed to be a keeper. The objective was for the LPG to pay off in a space of 2 years then following years were supposed to be a half price running.

Unfortunately, not everything in life goes to plan sometimes...

Comment

Sorry to hear you are off-loading it, Bart. Still up for further meets up the road. Provided you don't arrive in anything hybrid!

Comment

Working...
                              X