This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiff / Sticky Throttle on VXR8 LS3 Automatic

Have just bought a year old red VXR8 with just 5000 miles on the clock.
    The throttle is quite stiff and this makes moving off smoothly from a standstill difficult. Just after moving off you need to lift off to reduce power, this means that driving is rather jerky and unpleasant. Once on the move properly you don't notice the problem.
    Is this normal? Or does the car, or throttle linkage require adjustment/lubrication?
    Any comments and experience from other VXR8 automatic owners would be most welcome.

stick a post up in the vxr8 owners section, or else take it back to the dealers as its still under warrenty
    Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

I thought a throttle pedal only had 2 positions on or off? lol never anywhere in between

Comment

Originally posted by john423 View Post
        The throttle is quite stiff and this makes moving off smoothly from a standstill difficult. Just after moving off you need to lift off to reduce power, this means that driving is rather jerky and unpleasant. Once on the move properly you don't notice the problem.
        Is this normal? Or does the car, or throttle linkage require adjustment/lubrication?
        Any comments and experience from other VXR8 automatic owners would be most welcome.
        welcome to the site john......pm has been sent

Comment

http://www.hsv.org.uk/default.asp

Comment

VXR8's have one of the worst traction control systems ever produced so if your flooring it from stand still the TC won't kick in until about 7mph which may explain why you have to lift off. There have been a few comments on here to say it takes a while to get used to the kick back on the auto, that said if a more smooth throttle input doesn't work I would take it back to the steelers.

Comment

I think the R8 has a pretty good traction control system. Certainly a great improvement over my Monaro. That said, I'd probably get the car checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by magic919 View Post
                I think the R8 has a pretty good traction control system. Certainly a great improvement over my Monaro. That said, I'd probably get the car checked out.
                I love the TC (or ESP) on the '8. It lets the car get out of shape, then hauls you back in where you should be. It's the first mota that I've been happy with on a track in the wet, without turning it off. Porsche (and even more-so BMW) are just too intrusive, when you're trying to enjoy yourself.

Comment

The R8's ave an electronic throttle. The Peddle operates a reostat (variable resistor) when send a voltage that represents the pedal position to the ECU which then after doing some load calculations sends a control signal to throttle body that opens the throttle butterflyvalve. From your description it sounds like the reostat is a bit sticky. I you are lucky it may settle down with use. If not you will probably need a new reostat/pedal assembly.
                  MIEEE

Comment

VXR8 Auto sticky throttle

Thanks for the replies. I will try some or all of the sugestions.
                    One other question, whilst I was able to place a post when I signed up for the forum, I'm having difficulty finding where I go to place further questions. Any help on how to place posts would be appreciated.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I will try some or all of the sugestions.
                      One other question, whilst I was able to place a post when I signed up for the forum, I'm having difficulty finding where I go to place further questions. Any help on how to place posts would be appreciated.
                      Any posts about VXR8s/ Monaros should be in the Chat about Monaro VXR/ VXR8 forum.

If you have pictures of your car place them in the members monaro vxr/ VXR8 forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X