This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying advice

hi guys, thinkin of buyin my first vxr8! getting out of my 3.7 a8. been to see one today, 07 manual with only 14000 on the clock. any advice and things to look for as i am new to these sort of cars. thanks in advance ant.

Good choice Ant.

You'll find the interior a bit of a step down from the Audi but it'll make up in many other ways

Just make sure all electics work ok (e.g. my bluetooth has never worked from day 1, heated rear screen was faulty too) Front suspension knocks are not uncommon, but easily fixed. Has the car you're looking at been modded? - You'll need to budget £1k for an upgraded exhaust (essential on the R.

If you're thinking of buying a 3 y/o car, make sure all services have been carried out (every 10k or 12 mths) If buying from a VX main dealer then you should get the some sort of warranty. Clutch wear is an issue even on low mileage cars so check for any burning / slip. Other than that, the old small block chevy is built to last & looked after properly shouldn't cause you any problems.

Comment

thanks for replying the car is at a main dealers it has got full service history and they offered two years warranty . what gains do i get of new eghaust the only thing i dont like is they have sprayed the wheels black.and the badges have been replaced with stickers. has yours got manual box? ant

Comment

Originally posted by vxr_ant View Post
        hi guys, thinkin of buyin my first vxr8! getting out of my 3.7 a8. been to see one today, 07 manual with only 14000 on the clock. any advice and things to look for as i am new to these sort of cars. thanks in advance ant.
        Things to look out for are knocking on the front suspension knocking, check to make sure the gear box feels fine particularly fifth and reverse, if you have trouble engaging these gears then it may point to gearbox problems, normally sorted under warranty but given manufacturers are 3 years, yours is likely to have expired by now.

There are a few minor problems like condensation in the rear lights, oil pressure/temp/voltage gauges not working in cold weather but nothing major.

Comment

I've just had my clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder replaced under warenty on my 7500 mile VXR8. It had the sticking clutch pedal problem.
          Mine is a manual the shift is short and tight compared to my wifes corsa so is a million times better. I kind of wish I had taken a auto for a drive too.

Comment

If you do buy it, and are anywhere near the North East, I'd trade the wheels with you possibly.
            I was about to get mine Powder Coated black next month, but if you want to swap then I'd be up for that.

Comment

cheers guys gonna go for a drive tomorrow see what its made off!!! lexx, as for the wheels the paint job on them isnt the best mate, one of the reasons i dont like them lol.
              thanks for heads up on the box devon will give them all a run make sure its tight.

Comment

im also looking at either a monaro vxr or a vxr8, has anybody driven both and which did you prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisnffc View Post
                  im also looking at either a monaro vxr or a vxr8, has anybody driven both and which did you prefer?
                  I have driven both cars, and have to say I prefer the VXR8. Many reasons why, but they are both very capable cars. You need to drive them both yourself and make your own choice. But I would also suggest a test drive in say a Corvette C5 or C6 if you can make do with 2 seats and LHD.

Comment

Im selling mine on Friday...

going back to a dealer

Comment

How come your selling up bud??

Comment

Working...
                      X