X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting trouble

wondering if anyone can help.

sometimes when i go to start the car it just clicks and wont even try to turnover. if i open and close the door, press lock on the key fob then press unlock on the key fob then open and close the door again it will then start. sounds a bit random but it works, lol!

any ideas?

thanx

Strange one, do you fully press on the clutch
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Hi DJ Westie, from your description it sounds like the engine immobiliser is preventing the engine from starting, when you "open and close the door, press lock on the key fob then press unlock on the key fob then open and close the door again it will then start" your disarming the immobiliser. I would hazzard a guess that the clicking sound is the immobiliser cutting the circuit to the started motor to prevent it turning the engine over.

Comment

Thanx for the reply. I have Vauxhall extended warranty! Do you think it would cover the immobiliser?

Comment

when I first got the car thought I had teh same thing but then found out you had to press the clutch all the way in and it starts fine. some sort of security measure perhaps but works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Westie View Post
            Thanx for the reply. I have Vauxhall extended warranty! Do you think it would cover the immobiliser?
            Hi DJ Westie, if it is the original factory fitted immobiliser then yes, the Vx warranty will cover it.

Comment

I too have had the same problem.
              Turn the key and nothing but a click from the key barrell is heard, although it fires after two or three attempts.
              Strange as it's very intermittent only occuring say one in every 20 attempts.

Be interested to know if you got it sorted.

Comment

Working...
              X