Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

third brake light and numbers for tracking the wheels?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• third brake light and numbers for tracking the wheels?

Ladies and gents,

I need a new third brake light any ideas where to go?

I also just got new tyres and the guy at the shop said he does not have the vrx8 on his chart and I need to get the codes (he said for example +1) I have no clue where to get this information.

thanks in advance for any help!

damien

Hi damien, I can't help you with either of these quesions, but when it comes to the standard VXR8 one of the best sources for information is Vauxhall UK's customer services, and if your referring to the codes for the standard tyres Vauxhall's UK customer services would be your best bet. You will need the cars registration and VIN chassis number for them to be able to identify your specific car, call 08450 902 044.

Comment

Hi Damien

Go to Formula 1 in Paycocke road basildon, they have a Hunter 4 wheel alignmet machine, one of the best if not the best re alignment machines Same machine as used at Monkfish but without the 150 mile drive) they have realigned my car twice for me over the last couple of years and they have all the settings on their machine.

For the brake light ill get back to you on this as I think you are out of the warranty period if I remember correctly but there was a thread somewhere, just need to remember which forum it was on lol
      sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

cheers matt, i will try tomorrow.

Brian, i my tyre shop will do it for free so i will try them first and then your shop if they give me any grief. If you find out anything let me know in regards to that third light. i will go to join the other to find out as well as you suggested.

thanks

Comment

No worries Damien, pop over to www.hsv.org.uk I think the 3rd brake light issue has been mentioned over there
          sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

RE
            "I need a new third brake light any ideas where to go?"
            The VXR8 dealer or Monkfish are he only likely people to be able to obtain these.
            RE
            "I also just got new tyres and the guy at the shop said he does not have the vrx8 on his chart and I need to get the codes (he said for example +1) I have no clue where to get this information."

Here are the wheel aligmnent data for The VE Chassis HSV Clubsport R8 and VXR8's. I believe VXR8 has the FE2 option as standard.

wheel alignment 1.jpg
            Last edited by charlesH; 11 July 2011, 05:57 AM. Reason: Edited typo
            MIEEE

Comment

[QUOTE=charlesH;1944174]RE
              "I need a new third brake light any ideas where to go?"
              The VXR8 dealer or Monkfish are he only likely people to be able to obtain these.
              RE
              "I also just got new tyres and the guy at the shop said he does not have the vrx8 on his chart and I need to get the codes (he said for example +1) I have no clue where to get this information."

Here are the wheel aligmnent data for The VE Chassis HSV Clubsport R8 and VXR8's. I believe VXR8 has the FE2 option as standard.

wheel alignment 1.jpg[/QUOTE

thanks for that charlesH

Comment

Working...
              X