This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is the youngest vxr8 owner :)

hi all i think i was the youngest astra vxr owner at 17 but i really want a vxr8 so im 19 live on the isle of man i can defo get insurred on one just really want to no who is youngest and how the vxr8 is for them many thanx.

oooops please put in chat sorry......

Comment

There are a couple of 21 yr old's around.

Comment

Perhaps we should also see who is the oldest (but still young at heart of course!) 51 next week here!

Comment

Well im 34 so maybe in the middle.

Comment

BBB he's a baby

Comment

Getting a Monaro VXR in Febuary and i'll be 23. Granted their a bit cheaper to buy than VXR8s lol

ASTRA MK4
              build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...46#post2094646

Comment

Originally posted by scorer View Post
                Getting a Monaro VXR in Febuary and i'll be 23. Granted their a bit cheaper to buy than VXR8s lol
                if your waiting until nxt febuary, r8's will be at the same price if not lower than ls2 vxr's. there almost at the same price now, its only mint ls3's that are still going for 20k.

the ro vxr is a better choice for a young guy, you don;t want to be driving around in a family saloon(with a spoiler on the back)

i brought mine when i was 23, 25 now though

Comment

I thought I wanted a Monaro but the recent addition to the family forced a VXR8 (I'm 31 btw). Pictures of the VXR8 don't do it justice, it's really aggressive in the metal from both the front and the back (especially if it has uprated exhaust) and the interior is a big step on in my opinion.

Either way you're going to have yourself a fantastic car. What colour you looking for? I'd say 'R8s look best in red whereas 'ros are better off black.
                  sigpic
                  Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

I love both these cars. If prices start leveling out not sure i'll be able to choose lol I'd have to have either in red but it's all about the sound with v8s lol

ASTRA MK4

Comment

I was originally going to get an E46 M3 but after driving my mates I really dont rate them and they sound awful (like a 1.1 saxo) then i went out in a monaro and decided i need that noise lol

ASTRA MK4

Comment

the noise and the whole experince these cars give you is priceless.

if your buying one of these to be the fastest vauxhall in the town, then you'll be disapointed. they aren't 'nippy' cars (if you know what i mean).

i haven't seen mine for nearly a month now, and when i do get it back nxt week i;m going to be handing over 2.5k for a gearbox rebuild and a ls7 clutch, but i'm sure as soon as i open the door and climb in, then start it i won't give a toss about the money!

Comment

Originally posted by liam1986 View Post
                          the noise and the whole experince these cars give you is priceless.

if your buying one of these to be the fastest vauxhall in the town, then you'll be disapointed. they aren't 'nippy' cars (if you know what i mean).

i haven't seen mine for nearly a month now, and when i do get it back nxt week i;m going to be handing over 2.5k for a gearbox rebuild and a ls7 clutch, but i'm sure as soon as i open the door and climb in, then start it i won't give a toss about the money!
                          Definitely get one with the exhaust already sorted. Personally I think Wortec is best but many like the Walkinshaw and these are most popular on Monaros.
                          sigpic
                          Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

i've got a full wortec system on mine & a CAI. the noise! i don;t much like driving it in the rain as you can't have the windows open!

later in the year a tvs1900 is going on, with a coged pullly. so i'll have a supercharger screaming from the front too, can;t wait.

Comment

Originally posted by liam1986 View Post
                              i've got a full wortec system on mine & a CAI. the noise! i don;t much like driving it in the rain as you can't have the windows open!

later in the year a tvs1900 is going on, with a coged pullly. so i'll have a supercharger screaming from the front too, can;t wait.
                              Might as well get the 2300 for same money so you have the option to take it more extreme if you need/want

Comment

Working...
                              X