This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Control

Does anyone else's TC turn itself of with no warning and then not let you switch it back on?? It started a few days before xmas and has carried on. I have been putting it down to the greasy roads (and my heavy right foot lol) over stressing the system and it deciding it was at its best to disengage and flatly refuse to switch back on!! It has lead to a couple of unplanned sideways experiences, one of which in front of my local constabulary who were in his words 'less than impressed with my actions' and no amount of offers of passenger rides were fixing that one!!

QPRGAV, you have email

Comment

Is it a 6.0 VXR ?
      Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Yes Caspy, 6.0

Comment

Nothing to worry about, it is a known charactaristic. Basically the ECU reads a different speed between front and rear wheels to acitivate tc, however if this happens in fourth gear or above below a certain speed, it assumes that there is a fault as it hasnt been programmed to deal with 4th gear wheelspin below a certain speed. At this time of year with such greasy roads it can happen often, especially if u accelerate on a manhole cover or alike. The system show 'trac off' to bring to your attention a potential fault, and resets when u turn ignition off then on. It doesnt actually disable tc, just tells you it has to make sure you dont drive assuming it is going to kick in. That said, it is very basic as a system and always demands respect in such slippery conditions. If you need any more info, gimme a call in the office.
          Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Thanks for the advice Caspy, I shall have to use a bit of a lighter foot. 4th gear wheelsphin is the most probably the cause coming off of slippery roundabouts in Milton Keynes. Second gear it is from now on!!!

Comment

Working...
            X