Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical Advice please, from vx techs and monaro owners.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Advice please, from vx techs and monaro owners.

Hi there,

Does anyone know the PCD Size (size between wheel studs centre to centre) basically will the VXR monaro wheels and brake assy fit the astra VXR?

Reason for asking: I am buying a brake upgrade for my astra VXR, was looking into the AP Racing kit, but when in the dealer looked at a 56 plate Monaro VXR and the front brakes are exactally the same secification as the AP kit(grooved discs, same diameter and four pot calliper configuration) If they fit i would get the VXR monaro ones as thay are probably supplied to VX by AP anyway, and i get partners discount on parts which is very good, i would get a few hundred pounds off the set from VX, so hence why im looking into compatability,

Any help much appreciated.

Monaro Wheels

Diameter: 18" (CV or 19" (VXR)
    Width: 8" (J)
    PCD: 5 x 120mm
    Offset: 48 mm
    Bore: 69mm (note: check your car as there are some variances)

Comment

Re: Technical Advice please, from vx techs and monaro owners

Originally posted by shadbor
      Hi there,

Does anyone know the PCD Size (size between wheel studs centre to centre) basically will the VXR monaro wheels and brake assy fit the astra VXR?

Reason for asking: I am buying a brake upgrade for my astra VXR, was looking into the AP Racing kit, but when in the dealer looked at a 56 plate Monaro VXR and the front brakes are exactally the same secification as the AP kit(grooved discs, same diameter and four pot calliper configuration) If they fit i would get the VXR monaro ones as thay are probably supplied to VX by AP anyway, and i get partners discount on parts which is very good, i would get a few hundred pounds off the set from VX, so hence why im looking into compatability,

Any help much appreciated.
      The VXR Monaro brakes are not 4 pots they are twin piston sliding calipers made by PBR in Australia

Comment

Re: Technical Advice please, from vx techs and monaro owners

The VXR Monaro brakes are not 4 pots they are twin piston sliding calipers made by PBR in Australia
        ah i did nt know that, that helps a lot, thanks chi, are twin sliding piston not as go as 4 pot?

Comment

On a light road car they are fine but if you want a track day car there is no subsitute for 4 or 6 piston calipers (pistons oppose each other ie 2 inside of disc and 2 outside)

For your application I would be looking at keeping the un sprung weight under control so AP's are a good bet, the Monaro ones wont fit without major work and they would be far to heavy for your car.

Comment

Comment

Boss that deserves to be framed above your mantelpiece.......
              HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
              X