X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about the VXR500!

Hello there

I currently own a honda S2000 and astra VXR and am looking at the VXR500 as an upgrade. There probably wont be many owners on here due to the limited suppy but I would be grateful if anyone can answer my questions.

1)Is it true the car does 75mph in first gear? What are the maximum speeds for the other gears?
    2)Is this car comfortable as a moterway cruiser?
    3)What extras would you recommend to bu fo this car?
    4)What is the 0-60,quarter mile times for the car(tested not manufacturers times)
    5)what is the average fuel consumption?
    6)Any skeletons in the closet about the car,eg reliability issues that have come to issue.

Thanks

Re: Some questions about the VXR500!

Originally posted by S2VXR000
    Hello there

I currently own a honda S2000 and astra VXR and am looking at the VXR500 as an upgrade. There probably wont be many owners on here due to the limited suppy but I would be grateful if anyone can answer my questions.

1)Is it true the car does 75mph in first gear? What are the maximum speeds for the other gears?
    2)Is this car comfortable as a moterway cruiser?
    3)What extras would you recommend to bu fo this car?
    4)What is the 0-60,quarter mile times for the car(tested not manufacturers times)
    5)what is the average fuel consumption?
    6)Any skeletons in the closet about the car,eg reliability issues that have come to issue.

Thanks
    Well, I guess that's down to me to answer your questions as I am a proud owner of said vehicle, all be it a retro-fit version.

1. Depends what Diff you have. I dont think the stander 3.45 diff will make it.. 4th Gear will hit 130 (on a Dyno) and you have two more after that... There is no EU imposed limiter...top speed is 180ish

2. Oh yes... no problems whatsoever

3. Wortec Catback, Ripshifter & AP Brakes....if you have spare cash after that, then Wortec Headers and AVO suspension....Oh, and a WideAngle dirvers mirror (yep, this is an upgrade, it does not come standard )

4. Don't know if anyone has actually tested it but I think between 4 and 5 seconds is where you should be looking, especially if you have the catback and headers

5. Oooh, the age old question, with the age old answer....How heavy is your right foot. Hooning around on short runs will proably be single digit to low teens. Long m/way cruising you would look towards mid/high 20s

6. The main problem is that your face will hurt a lot.....because the smile is so big. ....I've not had any reliability problems whatsoever, a few have reported problems with water ingress due to door/window rubbers, but the car's are new enough to fix under warranty.

Your best source of Monaro info is here

Comment

Hi

Std diff, the car will do 75 in second not first. We have done some timed runs at Millbrook with proper timing gear on a preproduction car.

4.89 to 62 (with very poor traction)

10.82 to 100. Never did a qtr mile time.

Best motorway car I have evr driven (And I have driven alot!)

I get circa 21mpg as an average with shorter diff (which wont help)

Ripshift, brakes and exhaust initially, and the best mod of all a driver training day with professional driver ( you will get more out of the car than any other mod by doing this).

As BOSS said, have a look at the forum for HSV etc. more info and opinion than anywhere else.

PS

We have sold out of VXR500's!!
      Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Originally posted by caspy
        We have sold out of VXR500's!!
        How many CV8/VXRs left?

Comment

No CV8's about 15 VXR's

Comment

The performance stats puzzle me a little bit

I would have thought a car with 500bhp would be able to do 0-60 in low 4s and 0-100 in under 10 seconds.

A porsche 911 turbo is supposed to do 0-100 in approx 10 secs and that has 420bhp with 4wd system.

I know the car is heavier but even still Im surprised

Comment

Originally posted by S2VXR000
              The performance stats puzzle me a little bit

I would have thought a car with 500bhp would be able to do 0-60 in low 4s and 0-100 in under 10 seconds.

A porsche 911 turbo is supposed to do 0-100 in approx 10 secs and that has 420bhp with 4wd system.

I know the car is heavier but even still Im surprised
              OK, I'm not really very good at this bit but it's not just about horsepower, it's torque, weight and gearing.....and traction

Comment

Its traction. In gear times would show comparison to 997 turbo.

0-100 is affected by traction, as is 0-60.

Comment

Brian

Any feelings on the recent review from Total Vaux on the VXR in terms of their findings on the car??

Interesting Spread, but was left feeling a bit apprehensive of the report?

Would appreciate your views on this article mate!

Comment

Originally posted by MOSE
                    Brian

Any feelings on the recent review from Total Vaux on the VXR in terms of their findings on the car??

Interesting Spread, but was left feeling a bit apprehensive of the report?

Would appreciate your views on this article mate!
                    Hi

I have the article, but, cant recall any real issues that would concern, what specifically worries you ??

The article is just a bastardised version of many other articles from the same journo i think, TV didnt have a car to try.

Comment

Brian,

No need for concern, I had re-read what I had "misread" if you get my drift. Think the stardom went to my head a bit :P

Comment

No probs! :wink:

Comment

Working...
                        X