This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR8 Clubsport

If I was to take the plunge this would be the R8 of choice for me. Does anyone know if this is available in the UK? I've tried researching but nothing conclusive.
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Originally posted by V6spike View Post
    If I was to take the plunge this would be the R8 of choice for me. Does anyone know if this is available in the UK? I've tried researching but nothing conclusive.
    ????
    sigpicVxr8 6.0 ls2, walkinshaw super car exhaust, AAS xpipe, AAS headers and cats, walkinshaw wild cam, FAST 102 intake, LS7 clutch, walkinshaw OTRAI, 20" hsv wheels, walkinshaw remap, pedders springs, hsv door sills, hsv badged, tinted windows, vector side vents, LED wing mirrors, engine bay done in carbon, HID xenon lights.

Comment

The HSV R8 Clubsports are what VX badge as the VXR8 in this country so the only ones you can import through VX. You order through approved VXR dealers so these are the best people to speak to but you can spec the car through the Aus HSV website

Comment

Not sure what you're asking exactly, so I've tried to answer as best as I can below.

If you're asking about the VXR8 which was based on the HSV Clubsport R8, then you'll be looking at a second hand Vauxhall VXR8 as sold up until around 2010. These are all re-badged HSV Clubsport R8's.

If you're asking about a brand new Clubsport R8, then Vauxhall will happily sell you one of these (buy to order only). You'll need to contact your nearest VXR authorised Vauxhall dealer for this. I'm not aware that any of the new Clubsport R8 cars have been ordered, so you might be met initially by puzzled faces from the VXR dealerships. But they do and will sell you them - buy to order, and with a long wait before delivery.

Point to note: the Vauxhall VXR8 'GTS' as sold from around 2011 onwards (including the current VXR8 GTS on-sale today) is NOT a Clubsport R8. It is the top of the range HSV GTS, which basically has everything that the Clubsport R8 has plus more goodies.

More information on the full range of cars can be found here: http://www.hsv.com.au
        VXR8 GTS Sting Red
        6.2 litre Supercharged LSA V8 (779bhp and 765lb ft torque)
        Modified and tuned by Walkinshaw Performance UK

Comment

Thanks guys. I should have been a little clearer (though I thought it was a Clubsport).

Basically it's the estate version. I've only seen the one used alongside the Audi on the test track. Kind of like my estates.

I'll go have a chat to VX at the weekend.
          '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Comment

Only certain dealers deal with the vxr8 , list here http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/microapps/vxr/vxr8/index.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry got a bit name muddled. It's the tourer I would like. Love the VXR estates.

Comment

Sorry got a bit name muddled. It's the tourer I would like. Love the VXR estates.
                Hi you also can buy the maloo ? ( Good luck with whatever you decide )

Comment

Ahh, you mean one of these

http://www.hsv.com.au/GEN-F2/see/clubsport-r8-tourer/
                  VXR8 GTS Sting Red
                  6.2 litre Supercharged LSA V8 (779bhp and 765lb ft torque)
                  Modified and tuned by Walkinshaw Performance UK

Comment

Originally posted by pah250 View Post
                    yep that the one. im guessing import is the only option?

Comment

There was only ever 1 estate that came in
                      although we can bring in new ones if you wanted to

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                        Only certain dealers deal with the vxr8 , list here http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/microapps/vxr/vxr8/index.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        If your intending on taking an R8 to VX it would be advisable to go to a VXR8 service centre which are also listed down on the VX website. That said my local one is on the list but apparently they don't have the equipment to deal with VXR8's so not sure how they managed to still be on there - but worth a call for piece of mind to find out if they can.

Comment

Working...
                        X