This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monaro Tickover Noise

Hello, Im going to be buying my second monaro, first time was a cv8 this time a 6.0 vxr. My last one made a slight thudding noise when ticking over and one i went to test drive did the same thing . Does anyone else's do this ?

Thanks

Originally posted by ROSSCOVXR View Post
    Hello, Im going to be buying my second monaro, first time was a cv8 this time a 6.0 vxr. My last one made a slight thudding noise when ticking over and one i went to test drive did the same thing . Does anyone else's do this ?

Thanks
    I think thats how mine one sounds, even more when its cold.
    I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Comment

LS1's suffered from piston slap a little, LS2 should be better. Also the lifters can sound clunky quite often. A nice set of rollers helps.
      Either way, the LSx series can be noisy.

Problems would be a low frequency thudding coming from the bottom of the engine etc. Higher pitched clicks and clunks are less worrysome and in fact fairly typical as mentioned.

If you are concerned take it to one of the good disty's to QA for you. Like Mr Monkfish, RapidGB etc.

Comment

I've had quite a few engines and they all have their own peculiar noise traits.
        Noises when cold can be annoying but if it does it when everything is nice and warm then that is the time to worry!

Comment

Working...
        X