This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can I see a VXR8 and some questions

Saw the VXR8 for the first time last Sunday on Top Gear and even after JC said he liked it I still was interested In fact not a day has gone by since that I've not been on the web diggin around for more information.

By way of background I'm coming from a Porsche Cayman S which I've had for around 8 months but frankly it's just not doing it for me (Scoobies and Evo prior to it). I think I'm a sports saloon sort of person rather than great refinement.

So, a couple fo questions - when/where can I see one in the flesh and get my backside sat in one, I'd rather see one before pre-ordering although I might be tempted not to. This next question might be a little more odd but I wondered about a tow bar option, I see the Holden/HSV site lists it as capable of towing 1600kgs so presume they offer a tow bar option, any chance for the UK or would I personal import something (warranty issues?) - not towing a lot and not very often but would be handy (race car not a caravan in case people wondered).

Are all the exterior colours coming to the UK - the Evoke dark silver metallic looks good to me (get some anthracite rims on it and I'd be in heaven I reckon).

Can't think of anything else, I'm hooked though...

You will probably find a lot more answer over on http://www.hsv.org.uk

Comment

Magic, thanks.

Comment

We had Tom Walkinshaws personal HSV 370 on site for the afternoon, it is awesome!!! If you call Walkinshow Devlopments you may get an oppourtunity to have a bum on the seat moment. You may have to travel and ask real nice.

Comment

Comment

Sorry, typo....307

Comment

Walkinshaw have done a HSV 370 check here

http://www.hsv.com.au/wp/2006/projects/green.asp
              http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.au/wp/default.asp
              I think the owner requested the colour-Lambo green from memory
              with matching green leather interior!

Comment

To see one, you can always go to BTCC. VXR have a display up there with the VXR8. You won't get in it, but at least you can see it up close
                | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

With the tow bar you may have an issue. From memory on the VE and E Series the come through the body kit. But the VXR8 has a rear fog lamp in the place it would need to come through.

But you might be able to get round that some how.

Those who buy a VXR8 (HSV Clubsport) will not be dissapointed. For a Sedan . ( Saloon as you guys call them) .
                  2007 HSV Arden Blue

Comment

VXR8 now at Newbury Vauxhall. PM if wanting to arrange a Test Drive or come and see the car itself.

Cheers

Comment

Confirmed my VXR8 today Gone for Black on 20" rims with the Wortec "Sport Pac"

Was going to upgrade later to the electronic switching exhaust but after hearing it I was sold, B Fantastic!!!!!!!

The dealer had their Wortec supercharged car in the workshop being cleaned ready for a tv prog so the sales man said I would need to come back to test drive it!!!!!!! So booked for week after next

Comment

Working...
                      X