Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traction Control - Not working or rubbish?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Control - Not working or rubbish?

I've just purchased a 2005 VXR (6.0 version with 2,400-miles on the clock). The car spins its wheels and snakes quite readily regardless of whether TC is activated on not. While this is fun it doesn't help when I'm driving on wet, greasy roads
    Any ideas?

From the ones I have driven, they do let you have a bit of fun with TC still on. But, I don't recall it being outrages.
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Re: Traction Control - Not working or rubbish?

Originally posted by Arnie
      I've just purchased a 2005 VXR (6.0 version with 2,400-miles on the clock). The car spins its wheels and snakes quite readily regardless of whether TC is activated on not. While this is fun it doesn't help when I'm driving on wet, greasy roads
      Any ideas?
      Has the car had an engine remap ? The T/C will work to a point but it cant curb all the power if u let it go, it is a very basic system that allows a little bit of reassurance, the right foot is the best t/c item.
      PS
      Try www.hsv.org.uk, very knowledgeable guys.
      Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

The car came straight from Vauxhall (ex-management car), so it's completely standard. Your comments are pretty much in line with various net articles. I like the one that talks about sending power to wheels that have 'more traction' - where might they be exactly?
        Think I'll try running it with the TC off all the time to see if is more scarey on a daily basis.
        Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X