This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear lights misting up

Rear lights on my VXR8 have condensation in them, anyone else suffering this? Usually the car is wrapped up and in a garage overnight, but as im away from home it was sitting outside last night and as of now (6pm) there is still condensation in them both, any ideas or is it a trip to the stealer?
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

I had that on my 57 plate r8 but my new one is fine. My neighbour is the service manager in the local dealer and he told me that unless there is water flushing around in the light housing you wont get them exchanged under warranty. Seemingly they are not supposed to sealed units hence the condensation. I had this in my vx220 so I took the lights housing out and made it a sealed unit with some black sealant and that solved the problem. Where you stay can also have an affect.

Comment

Mines a 57 plate, as it happens i am right beside the thames estuary on the isle of grain in kent, might try the sealing method you mentioned above
      sigpic

Comment

water ingress

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
        Rear lights on my VXR8 have condensation in them, anyone else suffering this? Usually the car is wrapped up and in a garage overnight, but as im away from home it was sitting outside last night and as of now (6pm) there is still condensation in them both, any ideas or is it a trip to the stealer?

an idea..go faster and it will dry out quicker ..

Comment

yep mine also do the same on a 59 plate. I think its expected even the guy so sold me the car said they may do this as I noticed it on the demo car. I guess we are paying for the horses under the bonnet. If it was on my audi I would be making a fuss but for some reason that I do not understand I am happy to live with these little problems, I guess it gives them charater.

Comment

Originally posted by RAWPOWER View Post
            an idea..go faster and it will dry out quicker ..
            LMAO Rawpower, trouble is I got one of them FEMALE speedlimiters in the car most of the time.

Originally posted by lukecollins View Post
            yep mine also do the same on a 59 plate. I think its expected even the guy so sold me the car said they may do this as I noticed it on the demo car. I guess we are paying for the horses under the bonnet. If it was on my audi I would be making a fuss but for some reason that I do not understand I am happy to live with these little problems, I guess it gives them charater.
            I agree Luke just dont like the look of it while im staring at the car kinda keeo looking and its bugging me more, its back home in the garage now so hopefully being wrapped up and garaged it should go ill check again tomorrow.
            sigpic

Comment

rear lights misting up

hi my rear lights done the same /took out the bulbs and stuck the wife's hair dryer in there for a few sects havent misted up since,

Comment

Originally posted by jimob View Post
                hi my rear lights done the same /took out the bulbs and stuck the wife's hair dryer in there for a few sects havent misted up since,
                Cheers JIMOB job for the missus then
                sigpic

Comment

I wonder if the latest ones suffered from very damp conditions, in whichever field they sat. Our windscreen seems to have more condensation on the inside, than it really should. :?

Comment

rear lights misting up

dont let her melt the bulb holders then/or use the straightners/ ha/ ha

Comment

Originally posted by ARAF View Post
                      I wonder if the latest ones suffered from very damp conditions, in whichever field they sat. Our windscreen seems to have more condensation on the inside, than it really should. :?

ARAF thats a bit worrying do you have the aircon on cold a lot ??
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jimob View Post
                        dont let her melt the bulb holders then/or use the straightners/ ha/ ha

Oh ill be close by trust me lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                          ARAF thats a bit worrying do you have the aircon on cold a lot ??
                          No. We've only had the car a few days, so I suppose it could be the current weather conditions that cause the screen to mist over, though it doesn't currently happen in the other cars on the drive.

Comment

I get a wet patch on centre of my screen just above the dashboard once car is turned off but only after ive had the AC on freezing cold
                            sigpic

Comment

my 07 was prone to misting the tailamps but the dealer replaced them under warranty without any problem. i know of 2 other cars that got them sorted under as well and none had any water in them. the side repeaters also suffer from condensation on the VXR8. both of my cars had this problem

Comment

Working...
                              X