This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supercharger

Has anyone fitted one of these and will they fit the R8 on standand format. How does it effect MPG with standard road driving as wife only gets 10.2 around town now, dont want to lower it much more.
    Attached Files

speak to Mark at RapidGB, he's installed Vortec and ProChargers numerous times to Monaros though personally I'd be looking at one of the newer blowers he's offering especially if running a LS3 VXR8. If your MPG is that low anyway I doubt its going to get much worse - seems hell of a low for around town though. I'd have expected more like 15-20 in traffic. Normally only see numbers around 10 or below if you're giving it some.

Comment

Originally posted by well_fans View Post
      Normally only see numbers around 10 or below if you're giving it some.
      My wife is terrible with fuel consumption - always gets at least 5mpg less than me. The problem is that she doesn't do more than about 5 miles at a time, so the poor engine never warms through properly.

Comment

Doesnt a supercharger make a car more fuel efficient on light usage? Or is that just turbo's lol

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
          Doesnt a supercharger make a car more fuel efficient on light usage? Or is that just turbo's lol
          Maybe in a narrow range. Just depends on the dynamics. But thermodynamic efficiency is crap as is mechanical efficiency. You only gain in volumetric efficiency. Under load it can/will use up to 50%+ more fuel than NA per rwhp.

Comment

Damn thats honking consumption !!!

I'm getting around 15/17 driving it normally, ie not like a pussy....
            2009 Red Hot VXR8 LS3 Manual.......very "Smitten"

sigpic

"Power is nothing without control"

Comment

We're running in, and get low 20's. You reckon it will get better when it loosens up?

Comment

tell her t0o take the handbrake off.

Comment

must be the short trips as she only does 3-4 miles at a time with a adv speed of 13-15 mph. I am considering putting her in a taxi as it may cost less. I was even thinking of disconnecting 4 of the pots when she uses the car, it may save fuel. You may be right S2000 re the handbrake. I have an audi with auto handbrake switch which is just in the same position of the VXR8s window switch, went to put up the window today on the motorway while on the phone and was in the wrong car, A6 did not like it, think I need new pads on the rear now lol!

Comment

Working...
                  X