This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Stripes

At risk of getting flamed for this post and upsetting Bathurst owners...

Anybody willing to give me the dimensions of the side stripes on the Bathurst VXR8? The height of it as a whole and the height between each section (black bit and body coloured bit).

Think the side stripes break up the car a lot and stop it looking so 'big' from the side - I could just guess the dimensions but don't want it to look stupid, and no, I'm not trying to pretend to have a Bathurst

Like mine you mean?

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/pic...pictureid=3567

Top stripe 35mm, 25mm gap, 20mm bottom stripe
    Last edited by Englishman; 1 October 2009, 06:21 PM.

Comment

they really do break up the profile of the car.they make it look lower and a bit meaner.

dunno why,they just do.

Comment

I agree, they are a bit slabby. Why not make your own, with VXR8 or something on them?

Take a side profile picture, then play about in photoshop or MSPaint until your happy, then just scale it up.

As ours is red, I was going to see if I can do something like the VXRacing cars have, to break it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash09 View Post
          At risk of getting flamed for this post and upsetting Bathurst owners...

Anybody willing to give me the dimensions of the side stripes on the Bathurst VXR8? The height of it as a whole and the height between each section (black bit and body coloured bit).

Think the side stripes break up the car a lot and stop it looking so 'big' from the side - I could just guess the dimensions but don't want it to look stupid, and no, I'm not trying to pretend to have a Bathurst

A bathurst is standard Vxr8, it then goes for brakes and suspension and headlamp protectors, at walkinshaw, dont think the log book says bathurst, when it arrives.(can an owner please tell me) If it does say bathurst it just means the dealer has sent the log book for change.

I had a standard and I sent my logbook back to dvla and they change it to bathurst if you ask, as im doing the spec at walkinshaw anyways plus wheels/exhaust/power.

Its exactly the same as when the evos arrive at 300, you just sent logbook to dvla, I sent my evo logbook after owning it a year, as it was a 340 but said 300 as all did on the log book,

Bound to upset some ''invoiced bathurst owners'' with this.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie b View Post
            A bathurst is standard Vxr8, it then goes for brakes and suspension and headlamp protectors, at walkinshaw, dont think the log book says bathurst, when it arrives.(can an owner please tell me) If it does say bathurst it just means the dealer has sent the log book for change.

I had a standard and I sent my logbook back to dvla and they change it to bathurst if you ask, as im doing the spec at walkinshaw anyways plus wheels/exhaust/power.

Its exactly the same as when the evos arrive at 300, you just sent logbook to dvla, I sent my evo logbook after owning it a year, as it was a 340 but said 300 as all did on the log book,

Bound to upset some ''invoiced bathurst owners'' with this.
            But at least the Bathurst owners get a plaque in the car with a build number! They do say copying is the sincerest form of flattery.

I have a standard LS3 VXR8 and have no intention of making it look like a Bathurst, although mine will be a R8 VE Commodore Clubsport replica (is it a replica as it was originally an R8 Clubsport???) very soon as I have a contact at HSV who managed to get me ALL the decals including the engine cover one etc, plus the airbag badge.

Nik

Comment

Originally posted by stevie b View Post
              Words and stuff.
              i never knew that

an evo is a lancer that goes to ralliart and has bits put on it.

i dont really understand the rest of it.

my v5 hasnt come back from the dvla yet,cant remeber if it said bathurst but dont care.

my insurance documents say "bathurst 430".

your sincerely.

invoiced bathurst owner.

Comment

NIK!!!

can u get me an aibag badge???

my car has all the badges except that one[i didnt fit the hsv side ones as mine is a bathurst[but i am not sure untill my v5 turns up].

Comment

Originally posted by S2000GT View Post
                  NIK!!!

can u get me an aibag badge???

my car has all the badges except that one[i didnt fit the hsv side ones as mine is a bathurst[but i am not sure untill my v5 turns up].
                  So what if the V5 says VXR8 only on it like mine? My Nissan R34GTR was a v-spec model with a v-spec badge on the boot lid, but it never said v-spec on the V5. But hey, it was still a v-spec on my invoice, factory build sheet and it had the extra v-spec bits on the car!

I will ask him. My badge pack should turn up from Oz next week, so I will check to make sure it is the right one(s) first.

Wheel caps
                  Front and rear HSV logo
                  HSV logos to replace the V8 badge
                  Engine cover plaque
                  Key fob HSV logos
                  Airbag badge
                  317 badge
                  R8 badge
                  Clubsport badges
                  plus some others - something to do with HSV/Holden genetics?????

Nik
                  Last edited by NikWilson; 2 October 2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Nik I could jump on the back of the purchase can you get me an airbag badge also and 2 keyfob badges, mail me with your details and I will send you the money. Thanks Luke

Comment

Originally posted by lukecollins View Post
                      Nik I could jump on the back of the purchase can you get me an airbag badge also and 2 keyfob badges, mail me with your details and I will send you the money. Thanks Luke
                      Luke, I will ask after I get mine in.

Nik

Comment

I have started badging my car like the HSV R8, just wondering what you have in mind for the Seat emblems having gone to all the rest of the effort so far ???
                        2009 Red Hot VXR8 LS3 Manual.......very "Smitten"

sigpic

"Power is nothing without control"

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Mark View Post
                          I have started badging my car like the HSV R8, just wondering what you have in mind for the Seat emblems having gone to all the rest of the effort so far ???
                          Not alot of choice unless you can find an Aussie that want to make his R8 Clubsport/GTS a VXR8 and you do a seat cover switch. A new set of R8 seat covers most probably costs the earth too.

There is a company where I work that do car seat covers/repairs etc. Prehaps they could just replace the panels where you have the VXR8 logo and then have Clubsport logo embroiderd onto the seats as they are in Oz? (headrests from memory).

Are the seats in our VXR8's not HSV GTS ones anyway as the VXR8 is not a true R8 Clubsport but more of a hybrid GTS/Clubsport?

Nik

Comment

the seats in the vxr8 seem a lot better than the r8 seats.

try unpicking all the stitching that might work.

Comment

Originally posted by S2000GT View Post
                              the seats in the vxr8 seem a lot better than the r8 seats.

try unpicking all the stitching that might work.
                              This is why I think they are GTS seats which are a higher spec than the Clubsport ones. Unpicking that lot will just leave the material behind looking pants let alone the material being seriously weakend.

By the way - Steering wheel badges are a no go. The only way is to get a whole airbag unit, or get an airbag that has gone off in Oz from a Clubsport and get the steering wheel airbag cover sent to you in the post! I am looking to may big parcel this week!
                              Last edited by NikWilson; 5 October 2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X