This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running lights R8

Has anyone fitted any running lights, had a mail from Demon Tweeks and they had several running lights on offer, anyone fitted and any pics

its not a ****ing audi!

drl's look ****.

Comment

Neons underneath next.

Comment

Originally posted by S2000GT View Post
        its not a ****ing audi!

drl's look ****.
        Couldnt have said it better myself
        sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Done the neons dont like them. Pink does not go with the red car LOL. If I recall S2000 from some photos on the facelift R8 E2 on HSV site new car will come with running lights hence my question.
          Last edited by lukecollins; 3 October 2009, 01:28 AM.

Comment

i've seen a few non audi's with the leds and they look POO simples

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

its not a ****ing audi!

drl's look ****.
              DRLs are a safety feature and may become an EU requirement soon.
              Vauxhall Insignia and next Vauxhall Astra both use DRL.
              The new Holden E series 2 have guess what...

sigpic

Comment

I have been considering doing DRLs but not like a ******* Audi Style. When I had the 2000 W reg Astra I had a home made Light bar on the front as running lights (although Ilegal I didn't get any hassel). 9y later Audi come up with the idea that I already applied since 2000.

I would just get a simple looking fog light shaped one to fit in the lower grill... no Audi style I'm afraid...

I have also been looking at doing Under Car Lighting too... there is a good selection from the lightwave company.

Comment

aint the eu making this a legal requirement from 2011 for all cars to have running lights but are iirc the government are trying to block it as it will make bikers harder to see and will increase pollution as it requires more power hence more petrol. so much for trying to reduce are carbon footprint *******s

Comment

Originally posted by vxrrob View Post
                    aint the eu making this a legal requirement from 2011 for all cars to have running lights but are iirc the government are trying to block it as it will make bikers harder to see and will increase pollution as it requires more power hence more petrol. so much for trying to reduce are carbon footprint *******s

thats what i have heard.

volvo have had them for donkeys years.

and yes i knew the e2 has drl's but i am sure disconnecting some wires would sort that out.

and here is a money saving idea.

if you turn the light switch one click the sidelight things come on.

oh and another thing.

i have always been able to see cars in the daytime.there is an object called the sun which lights up stuff like cars ,trees,road signs,ducks..etc.

Comment

http://www.dadrl.org.uk/

Join the petition if you want?

Astra

Comment

voted.

i remember back in the 80's that having lights on cars during the day caused people to think that the car or bike was further away than it was,causing a lot of accident esp to bikers.

Comment

voted.

i remember back in the 80's that having lights on cars during the day caused people to think that the car or bike was further away than it was,causing a lot of accident esp to bikers.
                          Although not sure how accurate the figures are still a bit of a worry -

Quote from dadrl.org
                          "Daytime Running Lights are killing Bulgarians, Austrians and Polish citizens"
                          Bulgaria: Contrary to the theoretical academic meta analysis reports (i.e. reports on reports) used by the EC to justify DRL,
                          real world figures prove DRL have caused 8.1% more deaths.

Austria: since Daytime Running Lights were banned on 1 January 2008, less accidents for road users have been reported.
                          (When DRL were introduced into Austria during 2006/07 accidents increased by 12.2%)

Poland: DRL have caused 6% more fatalities more >

Astra

Comment

Well thanks for the RDL info and facts, I dont think they will make much change on the R8 on the CO2 figures as LEDs use so little power I suspect the fuel pump on the R8 uses more. Have to stick to the pink neons then and dice from Halfords. LOL

Comment

I drive with my side lights on all the time... it makes a difference to those who don't pay attention. Your eyes always go for shiney stuff and when u drive fast with a black car... it really does help to be seen.

I have once or twice looked and checked 2x befor moving and then suddenly a BLACK car almost kisses me front end as I begin to move... WHY? because dark colours are harder to see even is sunlight cos something happens in your head that dosn't quite register the darker shapes. Since the car is black, and ppl who drive black cars are usually the egotistic type (like me), who drive fast and like to launch fast... it's ideal to have running lights during day time.

if we all die then we are doing the green thing... we all consume, emit and deposite our crap everywhere we go. Even those ppl who think they are green, if they top themselves the world will be a less polluted place. What is a set of LEDs gonna impact...

Comment

Working...
                              X