This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch control

Just been reading the road test of the VXR8 on AutoCar and it mentions that the VXR8 has Launch Control and Automatic wipers?

Am I being stupid as I can't find either of these features on my R8...

launch control now that i would like

Comment

look on the hsv website.it is demonstrated on there.

Comment

Isn't that on the E2 though?

Comment

yes.

we have to use judgment and skill to do good starts.

Comment

I'm guessing AutoCar got it wrong on their road test then? Unless they had a demonstration model which had Launch Control and Auto Wipers.

Comment

e2?

Comment

Has the VXR8 got traction control?

Doesn't seem to work very well judging by the way the wheels spin up in the wet. Looks like I'll just have to get used to going from 1st gear to 3rd

Comment

only thing the VXR8 has is that ESP thing.. didnt help me when i went rather sideways in the rain the other week lol..

but so far on hard launches i havent even had a squeak out of the rear tyres. Impressed with the grip in the dry

Comment

R8 has both traction and stability control however most TCS system do not engage until the car is moving (usually about 8mph).

SCS will use voodoo to see if the car's attitude is following what the steering should be asking and brake acordingly but it won't change the laws of physics and a 2 tonne car with a big lump up front will have a lot of physics

Comment

With the near 50-50 weight distribution of the VE platform I don't see the big lump up front being that relevant.

Comment

You`ll need to go afternarket if you want Launch Control.
                        I have Racelogic........used it once when the car was running strong power(600+fly)

Never......ever....again on a car I have to pay to have fixed.

Comment

What they dont tell you about launch control is what Jez found out and others. Launch control basically stands for "launching your drive train into orbit".

I remember at the pod when Alan broke his monaro with racelogic launch control turned on.

Comment

I hear that Nissan GTR's are having gearbox problems after the lauch control has been used a dozen or so times - and that's on a factory fitted bit of kit! What hope has a car got, when it hasn't been designed for the feature.

Comment

you are only allowed to use the gtr launch control 3 times a year.

and only after you have phoned nissan and asked if it is ok.

the gearbox is lubricated with angels tears.

and dont even think about turning off the traction control!

Comment

Working...
                              X