This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first service..

Now im never really one to read manuals so i should probably check that but i was just wondering, when is first service ?

The car has done nearly 2500miles (had it 2 months, maybe just over)

Do all the oils and general fluids need changing already ?

Please help a V8 noob

cheers

1 year or 10,000 mile for 1st service if im not mistaken.

Comment

1st service is 10k.

Mine has now done 4k. Finally getting my new exhaust fitted on Wednesday, decided to book it in for an "additional" service at this point too, oil change etc.
      VXR8 LS3 - Heron White
      Insignia VXR - Olympic White
      Vec VXR - Arden Blue

Comment

Is it Belmont thats fitting your exhaust? I only ask as I could tell you who fitted my Wortecs to both my cars

Comment

That's weird; I got told it was every 20,000 miles when I bought mine?
          Last edited by Ash09; 16 October 2009, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Our customers get told its 1yr 20k here mate.

Comment

Def 10k interval, that said I have just had mine done at 4k. Probably worth at least having an oil change at that, but when monkfish will do you a service at £136 its worth doing early.

Comment

Originally posted by spin up View Post
                Def 10k interval, that said I have just had mine done at 4k. Probably worth at least having an oil change at that, but when monkfish will do you a service at £136 its worth doing early.
                Oh to live closer to monkfish...
                Might have to book some time off to get them to do a few things at once...
                Undersealing being the main thing at the mo!
                VXR8 LS3 - Heron White
                Insignia VXR - Olympic White
                Vec VXR - Arden Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ash09 View Post
                  That's weird; I got told it was every 20,000 miles when I bought mine?
                  Most Vauxhalls are, so that's what the dealers quote without thinking.

The thing is, we ain't got Vauxhalls, just the badges. Ours will have the oil dropped once it's run in, and then at it's yearly service, as I can't see us doing 10k per year.

You could always read the manual.

Comment

I do about 20,000 miles a year... so I will be

Comment

I do about 20,000 miles a year... so I will be
                      Servicing it every 6 months?

Comment

Well I was told servicing every 20,000 miles so expected to service it once a year.

Comment

Well I was told servicing every 20,000 miles so expected to service it once a year.
                          Not what your book says. Ignore it, and you'll invalidate your warranty - whatever you were told.

Comment

Didn't get to read the manual before I bought the car, assumed the dealership would have told me correctly.

Won't ignore it as it's not worth it, slightly annoying spending £23,000 and being told the wrong information though - oh and I'm still awaiting my touch up paint from said dealership.

Comment

That's weird. I was told "Thank-you, I'll give you a call next week, just to make sure everything's okay" Three weeks later.......

Comment

Working...
                              X