Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have asked on other sites regarding Exhausts...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • have asked on other sites regarding Exhausts...

    From some american site they said to go for American Racing Headers and CORSA Full Exhaust system for both performance and sound

    This system fits the Pontiac G8 but would that in turn fit the VXR8 ??

  • #2
    That sounds dandy if the import tax and shipping doesn't cripple you, hope there is no complications with the manifolds etc with the Ponty being a LHD ?
    2009 Red Hot VXR8 LS3 Manual.......very "Smitten"

    sigpic

    "Power is nothing without control"

    Comment


    • #3
      the shipping costs is fine cos i work in the UK Freight industry so can find a willing agent to ship it over for me.. but i just need to know if it would fit or not

      just to be different and all that lol

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SteveW View Post
        the shipping costs is fine cos i work in the UK Freight industry so can find a willing agent to ship it over for me.. but i just need to know if it would fit or not

        just to be different and all that lol
        Freight Industry? I'm in Customs Clearance.

        As to a US exhaust, I think you'd better see if there's any chance of the pipes fouling the equipment (steering column, brake servo, etc) on a RHD car, before you order.

        Comment


        • #5
          Better to try Australia for headers.

          Comment


          • #6
            Headers wont fit as they are a different shape due to LHD. The cat back will be fine though. If you look on ebay US, you can get 3" Magnaflow cat backs for $800, which is about £500!!

            M.
            2009 LS3 HSV Clubsport R8 500 BHP/LB FT
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            3" X-Force exhaust, race cats & headers
            BC coilovers & BMR chasis braces, Billet Quickshift
            All Pedders poly bushes, strut brace & F/R ARBs

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ARAF View Post
              Freight Industry? I'm in Customs Clearance.

              As to a US exhaust, I think you'd better see if there's any chance of the pipes fouling the equipment (steering column, brake servo, etc) on a RHD car, before you order.
              what company you work for ?
              Last edited by SteveW; 21 October 2009, 03:49 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Caveman View Post
                Headers wont fit as they are a different shape due to LHD. The cat back will be fine though. If you look on ebay US, you can get 3" Magnaflow cat backs for $800, which is about £500!!

                M.
                Found a couple of clips on the tube, not taken by the sound I must admit, too much BASS and not enough throat for my liking, the Wortec system is my current favourite for sure.......nice find tho
                2009 Red Hot VXR8 LS3 Manual.......very "Smitten"

                sigpic

                "Power is nothing without control"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Where abouts are you located mark?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lincolnshire mate........
                    2009 Red Hot VXR8 LS3 Manual.......very "Smitten"

                    sigpic

                    "Power is nothing without control"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Best exhaust spec IMO is dual 3" and 1-7/8 Headers.
                      Not many do them. Only place I know you can ge them off the shelf is from Difilippo. Not cheap. Not noisy. Only 92db at the last track day. But who needs noise when you can have performance!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X