This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk' exhaust... A little bemused...

Ok, so have been impatiently waiting for my Walk Bi-modal switched exhaust to arrive at the local stealers... And after 2 months, it was finally fitted today... Decided to get the oil and filters changed at the same time as i'm almost at the 5k mark...

Ended up having to get the service dept to drop off the keys with the sales team as I couldnt get there till 7pm. Picked up the keys and went to look for the car...

1st point, looks 100 times better!!

and finally sounds like a V8 should... Popping and gurgling all the way home. And really shows how poor the stock exhaust is...

2nd point... When I went to hit the switch, this is what I found...

Honestly WTF?!?! This looks CRAP!!! Like i picked it up from halfords and slopped in... How did anyone think this was meant to leave the garage like this???

Can anyone please post a pic how this should look?? I didnt think the switch went there!! Advice please???

Back to the stealers tomorrow??
    Attached Files
    VXR8 LS3 - Heron White
    Insignia VXR - Olympic White
    Vec VXR - Arden Blue

Oh now that is ******* poor!!!

Comment

looks like a surrounding trim is missing?.

i would move it and get the old blanking trim bit back, only looks half done

Comment

OMG That doesn't look good at all!! I take it I need not ask who did this to your car??
        sigpic
        Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Originally posted by terry1974terry View Post
          looks like a surrounding trim is missing?.

i would move it and get the old blanking trim bit back, only looks half done
          Thats what I'm saying, there was always a "blanking plate" in that position. But I thought the switch went next to the handbrake. Its ok where it is as long as there was a trim piece behind it...

I can see the wires!!
          VXR8 LS3 - Heron White
          Vec VXR - Arden Blue

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieMB View Post
            OMG That doesn't look good at all!! I take it I need not ask who did this to your car??
            That's right Paula, I'm not here to slate anyone, but c'mon... As said above.. its p*** poor!

A case of
            "that'll do!"
            VXR8 LS3 - Heron White
            Vec VXR - Arden Blue

Comment

I'd be right on to them tomorrow Bud, that's totally unacceptable. I'm absolutely kakking myself, ..mine's going in tomorrow (for my tech to work on it, so that's not so bad) but I know FAR too many ppl who get their cars back from there with the body work "modified" with a ding here and a scuff there.
              sigpic
              Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

plus... whats the deal with the original exhaust... should i get it back too??
                VXR8 LS3 - Heron White
                Vec VXR - Arden Blue

Comment

I'd be right on to them tomorrow Bud, that's totally unacceptable. I'm absolutely kakking myself, ..mine's going in tomorrow (for my tech to work on it, so that's not so bad) but I know FAR too many ppl who get their cars back from there with the body work "modified" with a ding here and a scuff there.
                  That happened to the Vectra, but got no , so like you was kakking it when I took it in last night...

On a side note, their customer service is on a par with that switch!!!
                  Going to organise a trip down to Monkfish when its due its service!

I'm over the moon with the setup itself, was grinning all the way home, but this is ridiculous. Still in shock its like that!
                  VXR8 LS3 - Heron White
                  Vec VXR - Arden Blue

Comment

Your tech??
                    VXR8 LS3 - Heron White
                    Vec VXR - Arden Blue

Comment

that looks utter pap mate, gutted for you
                      2009 Red Hot VXR8 LS3 Manual.......very "Smitten"

sigpic

"Power is nothing without control"

Comment

Yes you should get all your OEM parts back !!! They are yours, not part exchanges !
                        2009 Red Hot VXR8 LS3 Manual.......very "Smitten"

sigpic

"Power is nothing without control"

Comment

Originally posted by rpdjpd View Post
                          Your tech??
                          Will PM you x
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Mark View Post
                            Yes you should get all your OEM parts back !!! They are yours, not part exchanges !
                            Was expecting that, but wasn't 100% sure...

Wasn't filled with confidence when I phoned today to ask how they were getting on to hear they were just reading through the instructions...
                            VXR8 LS3 - Heron White
                            Vec VXR - Arden Blue

Comment

Originally posted by rpdjpd View Post
                              But I thought the switch went next to the handbrake.
                              I think that's the Wortec one.

Comment

Working...
                              X