Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia VXR

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Insignia VXR

    At last i have been in the Insignia VXR........looks fantastic!!!!!but so glad i took my name off the list after 6 months to buy the VXR8 ....no comparison....thats my opinion anyway....6 grand better off has well
    Last edited by simma; 23 October 2009, 08:11 AM.

  • #2
    I went on the Insignia pre-release test day at Milbrook, had some fun in all the models except the VXR as it was not released at that point, tidy handling, nice enough engines, reasonable looking, nice interior with the exception IMHO of the centre console, looks like someone got a bucket of buttons and switches and randomly threw them in the middle.......horrible.

    Despite all the above I would not be interested in that VXR model simply for the fact that I like my R8 so much
    2009 Red Hot VXR8 LS3 Manual.......very "Smitten"

    sigpic

    "Power is nothing without control"

    Comment


    • #3
      Good choice of forum to post this in. :-))

      Hope you enjoy it.

      Comment


      • #4
        horses for courses imho.

        Doesnt help that the vectra's replacement is alsmost as heavy as the VXR8 though, and is 100bhp down.

        Comment


        • #5
          This seems to be a common opinion m8. I was thinking of holding off for one, but I'm just not a fan of the next gen styling from VX... And glad I found the R8.

          To be fair I havent seen one in the flesh yet, but not a fan of the insignia in general, prefer the look of the mazda's...
          VXR8 LS3 - Heron White
          Insignia VXR - Olympic White
          Vec VXR - Arden Blue

          Comment


          • #6
            Anything without a V8 is pointless, the Insignia is therefore pointless.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ringram View Post
              Anything without a V8 is pointless, the Insignia is therefore pointless.


              Alright if you want to go fast in a straight line, but what happens when you get to the bends?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by simma View Post
                At last i have been in the Insignia VXR........looks fantastic!!!!!but so glad i took my name off the list after 6 months to buy the VXR8 ....no comparison....thats my opinion anyway....6 grand better off has well
                Bear in mind you are comparing the RRP of the Insignia to the "deal" price to shift VXR8 - there are dealers offering the Insignia for £24900 iirc

                Astra

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                  Bear in mind you are comparing the RRP of the Insignia to the "deal" price to shift VXR8 - there are dealers offering the Insignia for £24900 iirc

                  Fair point mate!!....just that i had my name down on the Ins VXR list for so long i can't stop thinking i might have been disappointed....but there again if i wouldn't have been offered the R8 for silly money i wouldn't proberbly have tried an R8 and there for not been disappointed!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by simma View Post
                    Fair point mate!!....just that i had my name down on the Ins VXR list for so long i can't stop thinking i might have been disappointed....but there again if i wouldn't have been offered the R8 for silly money i wouldn't proberbly have tried an R8 and there for not been disappointed!!!
                    The R8 was a true bargain at the price - people on here have paid more for Astra's specced up

                    Am looking forward to a drive in an Insignia am sure it will be impressive coming from driving the Astra

                    Astra

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X