This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrrrrrr..... dealer service

The VXR8 developed a misfire last weekend and ended up on a low loader for a trip to the nearest VXR8 service centre on Sunday morning.

A few days later and it turns out that a cracked spark plug was the culprit and I get a call to say it's ready to pick up. I couldn't get in there until today but was, as you can probably imagine, delighted to find that one of the wheels has been scuffed whilst it was in their care.

With a touch of annoyance in the air I speak with the service bod who takes a look and vanishes into the office for ten minutes. He comes back waving a booking sheet that shows the damage as being recorded when they checked the car on Monday morning - when the service people arrived. He seemed oblivious to the fact that there was no proof at all as to when that sheet had been completed. Looking back I should have checked if the ink was dry yet!

Interestingly I had the sheet from the AA when the car was low loaded - this shows no damage at all. I was also present when the car was loaded and the AA guy was really careful with it. As I didn't travel with the car the dealer now says that it must have happended when the AA dropped it off.

There's not a lot I can do to disprove that so I have lodged a claim with the AA for the £2k it will take to get a new wheel and tyre - that's right, two grand

As I was scanning the documents and sending them I have realised that the car has done 20 miles since it left me to being collected. This is shown between the pick up mileage (on the AA sheet) and the 'claimed' mileage from the dealer at inspection on Monday. At this time there is no way the car can have covered 20 miles - it was on 7 cyclinders and lurching like crazy. It is looking more and more like the cheeky feckers took it for a ride once it was fixed, kerbed an alloy and then fudged the paperwork to make it look like it was already there. I just can't prove it though.

The dealer reckons that if it was one of his guys they would have owned up as they "don't get into trouble if they damage a customer's car". Rightio then - how stupid do they think you are?! Unaware of the mileage at the time, I asked why it would have been driven at all when all they did was to replace a spark plug - this was while I was still trying to sort out how the wheel got damaged. I got a bs answer about "needing to check things but the technician would have only done 2 miles". I pointed out that switching it on would have shown if the cylinder was still misfiring but they insisted a drive was required.

I will be calling the service manager first thing in the morning to ask for an explanation re the 20 miles. I'm actually glad I didn't see it when I was there as I might have got the tyre iron out and introduced him to it

They're all *****.

mate thats terrible, sounds worse than then fools that took the Monaro for a joy ride at the garage fitted with a cam/gps.................WAKNERS indeed !!

Please keep us updated, be nice to know if you manage to nail these fekkers, and don't forget Vauxhall UK if you have no joy !!
    2009 Red Hot VXR8 LS3 Manual.......very "Smitten"

sigpic

"Power is nothing without control"

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Mark View Post
      mate thats terrible, sounds worse than then fools that took the Monaro for a joy ride at the garage fitted with a cam/gps.................WAKNERS indeed !!

Please keep us updated, be nice to know if you manage to nail these fekkers, and don't forget Vauxhall UK if you have no joy !!
      I'll let you know what happens once I have spoken to them tomorrow. The MD of the group and trading standards are on the contact list too if I don't hear something I like the sound of.

Comment

I really feel sorry for you. Don't you just love dealers?

I've just booked ours in for a first oil change. I shall be waiting while the job is done.....

Comment

it might be worth u getting in contact with vauxhall customer care aswell,

Comment

thats a nightmare mate, hope you get sorted.
            sigpic v6 and loving it

Comment

Sorry to hear this James, its not a Midlands dealer is it?

Comment

Originally posted by 18ME View Post
                Sorry to hear this James, its not a Midlands dealer is it?
                Yes

When the car was loaded I could have sent it back to Picador. I called them up to ask about it and they convinced me that the dealer up here would be ok. My initial concern was simply about how often they worked on these cars but with hindsight that should have triggered the thought that if they don't see them often they'd be more likely to do something like this.

Comment

No managers working at the weekend so I'll have to wait until Monday morning. The lady I spoke with on the service desk was very nice though and at least understood the problem.

The amazing thing is that no-one has managed to apologise for the damage as yet.

Comment

Are they an approved VXR8 service centre? as there isn't many in the Midlands area according to that list that was posted a few weeks back.

It will be interesting to see how you get on with them regarding the wheel and the extra mileage that suddenly appeared on your car.....do they know your mrs is a barrister yet?

My car is going to Pentagon in Burton for the Wortec on Monday and I'll get them to check it over but that is too far for me to go for general servicing etc so I'll be going somewhere more local but will wait and see how you get on first.

Good luck.

Comment

at a guess based on your location, Lookers

Comment

i am thinking about getting my servicing done by walkinshaw.

Comment

mine went back to the dealers who supplied it for warranty work ... it came back with a great big hole punched into the sill just behind the front wheel.
                          i didnt see it for 2 weeks so there was no point in going back to argue the toss even though it turns out they arent vxr8 approved (they stated they were vxr8 approved. found out later that they are actually only monaro approved)!
                          i wonder whether vxl picked up the cost for the "warranty work" cus the paperwork i have says they were invoicing it as vxl warranty work
                          price to fix before paint and fitting £997.81 ... i'd rather put a sharp stick in my eye, numerous times, than ever use them again !!
                          I really do hope you have much better luck but at this moment i can honestly say that i feel your pain mate
                          Last edited by Stim1961; 24 October 2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

wheel damage

had the same happen to my wheel ,if it was lookers brum speak to peter geogieo he was good and payed for the refurb.as said if brum always ask to speak to alex he is the only r8 mechanic there

Comment

Originally posted by 18ME View Post
                              Are they an approved VXR8 service centre? as there isn't many in the Midlands area according to that list that was posted a few weeks back.

It will be interesting to see how you get on with them regarding the wheel and the extra mileage that suddenly appeared on your car.....do they know your mrs is a barrister yet?

Good luck.
                              They are one of the approved centres.

I haven't mentioned about the wife's profession as yet - saving that one up for when things get interesting! The thing is that I don't want it refurbed - I want a new wheel. A refurb will never match the others perfectly and what do I do in 18 months when it starts peeling? If they want to refurb the one they take off and sell it that's up to them but I want a brand spanker!

Servicing wise I was planning on getting my done at Walkinshaw or Monkfish to be honest. I am at Monkfish next week for the underseal treatment so I'll see how I get on with them

Comment

Working...
                              X