X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clannonball Run 2009

Hi,

Just posting to advise of Charity Event in Aberdeen next Sunday 1st Nov 2009. It was initially posted on Pistonheads.co.uk and involves bidding on ebay for rides in performance cars. Information here at http://www.clannonball.com

We will have the white manual VXR8 attending and can offer the chance to drive the car rather than just being a passenger.

The conditions are:

we will have an Instructor plus one with the car for the full day and we can provide passenger rides from 10am to 12pm in and near the Aberdeen Exhibition Conference Centre.

For the main run Aberdeen to Balmoral Castle and back, we can offer two drivers the opportunity to drive the car and they will share the driving time equally on both legs of the journey. They will not only be driving the car but will receive coaching and instruction with regards on-road Advanced Driving styles.

My only requirement for the drivers is they can produce for inspection on the day both parts of their driving licence and should they have the old style paper licence then this should be shown with a valid UK Passport.

If at any time during the day the driving is not at a minimum standard or the driver does not follow clear directions or instructions regarding their driving style to ensure it is at a competent and safe level to drive the car, then they will find their driving experience becomes a passenger experience. I hope this is unlikely as we can work with people of all driving abilities and alter the instruction/coaching as required.

There is no minimum age so if a 17yr old wants to drive a VXR8 and they have a full licence, then they can start bidding.

I hope the day goes well for them, please post this on other forums to help advertise for the charity.

Thanks, Brian
Working...
X