This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got her!

Finally!! The day arrived and I collected my beautiful new R8 - she's a Bathurst and as far as I'm aware - the only one with white stripes on red paint?

Got the Wortec on which sounds simply awesome although it's pretty quiet from inside the car. Been tweaking her in the rain today - fitted 50W HID kit with matching LED sidelight bulbs and silver indicator bulbs.
    Attached Files

Oh yeah and since watching the comedy 'Sex Drive' she's known to all as 'The Judge' PMSL!

Comment

Did you pick this up from Pentagon Vauxhall?

There was a red one with white stripes sitting there on Thursday when I had my exhaust fitted!

Comment

Yup that was my car! Glad to get her home and washed up. Cabin looks great at night, my hid kit is awesome - so bright!

Comment

Amazing looking motor

Comment

Looks great mate!!!

Comment

Looks very nice.. however you do realise that the HID kit invalidates your insurance.. ?

Comment

great car mate well nice

Comment

Originally posted by RednStripey View Post
                  Looks very nice.. however you do realise that the HID kit invalidates your insurance.. ?
                  Explain?

Comment

Originally posted by jester212 View Post
                    Explain?
                    Written on HIDS4U website:

Technical for HID Conversion Kits
                    Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that the items purchased are suitable for your vehicle make/model and that the use of said items complies with all applicable laws in your Country. In the UK, fitting an aftermarket HID kit is not technically road legal as you are replacing a halogen bulb with an HID bulb, because of this the HID bulb cannot be E marked, which is a requirement for it to be road legal. Therefore our HID kits are sold for off-road use only.

..If your car has a non road legal modification, your insurance company cannot legally insure it.

Comment

Rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by magic919 View Post
                        Rubbish.
                        Which bit?!

As we're all aware, If you don't declare a mod it can invalidate your insurance..ring yours up and say "I need to declare that my lights are not road legal, is that ok?".. Let us know what they say.

Also found this for you, includes a comment from an insurer.

http://www.fiatforum.com/insurance/1...t-hid-kit.html

google it.. Lots of people have been fined aswell. I just thought I'd point it out because it's not nice finding out you're uninsured after an incident.
                        Last edited by RednStripey; 25 October 2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

It is clearly stated with all aftermarket HID kits that they are for "Off Road Use", Liking the red with white stripes looks good.
                          sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

It wouldnt be uninsured, if you have a policy and there are things non standard and not declared and you have a bump the Ins Co will void your policy, they will still cover 3rd party risks but will not cover your losses.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Just take the kit out if you have a prang.
                              sigpic
                              Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

Working...
                              X