This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Box probs

anyone had problems with gear box on Monaro vxr (56 Plate) - when pushed hard cannot engage 3rd upwards - loss of clutch !!! does not happen all the time becoming a real pain

ringram had this at Thunder Road, I believe. Send him a message, and I'm sure he'll either help you or put me right.

Comment

Are you saying it's the clutch that fails to respond? http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html

Comment

Originally posted by CYER View Post
        anyone had problems with gear box on Monaro vxr (56 Plate) - when pushed hard cannot engage 3rd upwards - loss of clutch !!! does not happen all the time becoming a real pain
        Sounds like the usual clutch issue. Doubt its the gearbox.

Never ending debate over on the HSV forum, but, in a nutshell, if you want it sorted, new cluch required. Buy a better one though, LS7 is good for most people.

Comment

well i know mr muz has just posted on facebook his gearbox has blown on his new R8.
          HeavenlyDetail
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Never heard of a T56 blow up. Must be bad.

Comment

no it aint blown just buggered and get a new one under warranty

Comment

Well thats all good muz , it happens i suppose.
                HeavenlyDetail
                Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

well didnt last as good as the astra lol

Comment

Originally posted by ARAF View Post
                    ringram had this at Thunder Road, I believe. Send him a message, and I'm sure he'll either help you or put me right.
                    Similar symptom, different problem... mine was install related so pretty unique to my setup.

But yeah, its a common issue with lots of ideas on what fixes it. Seems to be down to how GM designed it. I think in Oz all LS2, LS3, L98 engines etc all get the LS7 clutch for any warranty work and the replacement part number now matches the LS7 clutch. Whether that fully fixes it remains to be seen. Im my VT2 it didnt.

Comment

Monaro VXR Gearbox/Clutch

This has been an ongoing problem for me also. Vauxhall mechanic after an inspection (they had the car for a week) told me it was gearbox failure. Network Q refused to replace as it did not happen when their mechanic drove it (for all of 15 minutes) Warranty runs out today and problem still not resolved. OFT suggested i contact the selling dealer and quote the sale of goods act 1979 (which i have done) still waiting for a response. I have requested an extension to the warranty until such time as it packs in altogether. Spoke to Vauxhall Customer Services but got nowhere as they said the problem is with network Q and they refused to intervine. Have sent an email to Quentin Wilson to see if he can help. This has been going on for 6 months now and driving me nuts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulM View Post
                        This has been an ongoing problem for me also. Vauxhall mechanic after an inspection (they had the car for a week) told me it was gearbox failure. Network Q refused to replace as it did not happen when their mechanic drove it (for all of 15 minutes) Warranty runs out today and problem still not resolved. OFT suggested i contact the selling dealer and quote the sale of goods act 1979 (which i have done) still waiting for a response. I have requested an extension to the warranty until such time as it packs in altogether. Spoke to Vauxhall Customer Services but got nowhere as they said the problem is with network Q and they refused to intervine. Have sent an email to Quentin Wilson to see if he can help. This has been going on for 6 months now and driving me nuts!!!
                        The clutch will not "pack in". It will stay much the same for ever. It needs a new clutch. Anything else is just a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                        X